Creation Photos Around the World

2 Likes

I used a (true-color mylar) solar filter that I made for our birding telescope for the 2017 eclipse. It still had to be on one of the lower brightness settings.

2 Likes

Yes. It is just out of the bird bath, so fluffing its feathers to dry them.

2 Likes

Here’s a bit more from the new camera:

About how Saturn would have looked to Galileo:

This crepe myrtle in our yard is among the further-changed trees:

We had a Baltimore Oriole on our suet today (this is the top of the pole):

4 Likes

Gorgeous!
This earworm always comes to mind this time of year.

“Every road that they walked on was paved with gold.”

1 Like

Chucks will’s widow

8 Likes

The second one is very nice.

1 Like

These are berries from the burning bush plant. I can’t say they’re very attractive. They look a bit like tiny brains.

5 Likes

Here are some hosta flowers withering. I assume it must be a fungus that can be seen sprouting on the older ones.

4 Likes

Thanks. It was on the North Country Trail near White Cloud, Michigan, yesterday. I was amazed at the mix of deep reds and bright yellows, against the black trunk. I like to walk there with my kids and dog.

2 Likes

What I was doing Thursday and Friday (about half an hour inland of Myrtle Beach):

For scale, I am about 196 cm tall. My feet are on top of atypically hard and calcitic Goose Creek Limestone (to about knee level). The rest of this is upper Waccamaw Formation. The bands of differing color are based on how much sand versus silt, calcitic versus aragonitic shell, and how much rust is present. The light band at my chest level is a bed of Mercenaria campechiensis. Based on the number of shallower/deeper cycles (4) and dating equivalent Floridean deposits, this probably spans 2.0-1.8 MYA. The Goose Creek (what the mine is after) is 4.0-3.2 MYA. At the bottom is clayy Pee Dee Formation (Cretaceous).

4 Likes

I have no clue what this flower is. It’s small and it’s yellow and it’s growing next to my house.

5 Likes

It looks stylistically modern and abstract. Nice picture of it.

1 Like

And somewhat Ukrainian.

5 Likes

Beautiful. I wonder if it is a type of tickseed.
Thanks.

(Not my own photo)

3 Likes

4 Likes

My thought when I saw the complementary colors.

1 Like

SkovandOfMitaze, how do you get your camera to focus in tiny things like the grasses (?), like in this photo?

Mine, even my good (Canon Powershot Elph) camera only ends up wanting to focus on the background. Ugh.
Got any advice for success with close-ups.
Anybody?

1 Like

The sheer size of these scenes continue to amaze me. They inspire both a sense of smallness and bigness all at once.

8 Likes

Welcome @Travis_J. Great to have you with us.

The Dutch Reformed missiologist, J. H. Bavinck, described that feeling as “The Experience of the Totality”, he argued that it was one of five defining/universal features of all religious thought and expirence. Thanks for sharing such an amazing photo!

4 Likes