Creation Photos Around the World

Gulf Fritillary butterfly.

Carolina trumpetflower.

4 Likes

I bet it was beautiful–sorry I missed it. I was inside with the kids, listening to Jim Gaffigan and watching Holderness Family :). Beautiful photo! Thanks!

1 Like

Just looked again. It’s all still there. Just wow.

2 Likes

If you’re still up and step out, it’s still stunning out.

1 Like

Out on the back porch watching the Milky Way again.
I realy took this photo all by myself as evidence.

1 Like

that’s what my photos look like, too!

1 Like

Pretty sure I’ve taken that one too. Black hole?

2 Likes

Actually, for being so dark, the sky was still pretty bright. Still, I could see the MW. Incredible.

2 Likes

Is that Jupiter over to the right? (Jupiter is usually bright as it is close to the earth at present. Saturn also visible in the night sky.

2 Likes

My phone doesn’t seem to display photos any better than it takes them.

1 Like

The comment was tongue in cheek, totally black on mine also!

2 Likes

For whatever reason mine normally come out well.

Some things that can help is to set a image capturing mode. Mine is set to 3 seconds. Just have to hold it steady.

The planet is Jupiter just below the Pisces.

3 Likes

This is roughly the same view held at 10 seconds.

3 Likes

Great pic. Will have to go look outside

3 Likes

Saturn is the next brightest body on the right, almost due south at this time on night. The glow is the neighboring town about 4 miles away

3 Likes

wow, that’s really beautiful! Thanks!

Off topic but it’s getting so annoying to me that every time I type etc it changes it to ect. I never even notice 99% of the time when I post either. Just like lust gets changed to list almost every time. I’ve only started noticing a lot of it lately because I joined Reddit recently and so many times a bit messages correcting it

1 Like

I thought I was in the humor thread. ; - )

1 Like

I’m not sure which planet it is, but certainly a planet. I was out sround 9:30 pm, and it was to the east above my next door neighbor’s garage. Really bright.
I haven’t found good resources for identifying planets at night. Can you recommend any?
@jpm and @SkovandOfMitaze , those are incredible photos.
Thanks for the setting tips. I’ll see if I even have any. My ipad may be pre such photography aspirations. No clue a out my non-apple phone.
I just saw your “tongue in cheek confession.” Actually, I did take a picture of it, too. It’s slightly better.

Is this where you saw “The Tempest”?
If so, it’s incredible! What a place for that play!

1 Like