Creating Information Naturally, Part 1: Snowflakes, Chess, and DNA

Hi Chris,

Intuition in science covers a wide range of activities; some people use the term “serendipity”, but I am convinced that it is a combination of intuition (ie it feels right. or it feels wrong) combined with a deepening understanding of laws and theory, that underpin scientific R&D.

These comments are not theological; as Christians we believe that God reveals Himself, with the ultimate revelation Christ. The response to this revelation is personal and subjective - it should not be confused with material/scientific speculation and hypothesis - however our “test” is by living according to the Law and teachings of the Gospel.

1 Like

@GJDS,

I would expect all your views would fit in the @Swamidass Model being discussed at www.PeacefulScience.org !

That’s because calling Pluto a planet or a dwarf planet is a classification issue. The basic tenets of astronomy has to do with things like mass, gravity etc which predicts things like Pluto’s trajectory.
That’s why no one says there is difficulty to falsify…That’s why einstein was able to show that gravity does not follow Newton’s laws in some special cases… and thus pointing to the possibility of a better fundamental understanding.

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Appendix is (NOT) vestigial

This thread was going too many places- I split it up for now, PM me or another Moderator if anything was missed for the other discussions.

Let’s keep this related to the actual blog post: Creating Information Naturally, Part 1: Snowflakes, Chess, and DNA.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.