Clinicaly dead for hours

What about my second paragraph? Not one studied case?

What about a link to a wiki article? For someone who was clinically, brain dead, flatlined for an hour, half an hour, a thousand seconds and ‘might’ have gone to heaven, at least to the Pearlies, or a few rungs up the ladder.

I do t believe there is any scientific data to determine what a persons experience is in the afterlife other than ceasing to be self aware and decompose away into nature.

As I said Nick, every case is studied. Zilch. Nichts. Bupkiss. Nada. Tipota. Kamia. Kati.

1 Like

Interesting thing about death, is that it is sort of gradual, unless you you are at ground zero in a nuclear blast. Skin cells, blood cells etc can live for days. You can cut out someone’s kidney, fly it across the country, and hook it up and it works fine. So, clinically dead is not not really dead. Just as “clinically proven” in TV ads is not really proven, but that is another subject. So near death experiences are not death experiences. If completely dead, the only thing you can do is go through the pockets for loose change.

5 Likes

Yes indeed. As you referenced, I believe better terminology would be “there’s a big difference between mostly dead and all dead.” (As “mostly dead is slightly alive”, after all.)

2 Likes

The lights are on, but no one’s home. As opposed to the house has burned down.

1 Like

There seem to be lots of reports where someone has been ‘clinically’ dead and has returned from that state. I don’t know how ‘dead’ these persons have actually been but many have told interesting stories of what happened during the period when they were ‘clinically’ dead.

I have currently on my desk a book about these reports: ‘Imagine heaven’ by John Burke. I have only read the first part of the book so cannot yet say if this is a book that can be recommended. Anyhow, if even a part of these stories is true, ‘clinically’ dead persons have reported observations they should not know, assuming they have been on a single spot (bed etc.) when they were dead. If true, there is perhaps a need to rethink our expectations of what happens immediately after death.

According to the book, there are tens or hundreds of reports in scientific journals. I have not read these so cannot say what kind of information the scientific articles contain.

Aye, stories. They told stories. In all sincerity when they revived. At lot can happen going down to EEG flatline and a lot can happen coming back up. We make up long dreams in seconds or less. But nothing once you’re there. I can find no scientific accounts of observations made whilst EEG flatlining.

In what way? None of the Biblically (O-NT) resurrected shared any experience.

1 Like

If a ‘clinically’ dead person can report correct observations of something happening outside the room where the dead person is, that would mean that a dead or dying person has an ability to observe, think and remember independent of the dead/dying physical body. I have read claims of such cases but don’t know if these have been misunderstandings, false stories or true reports. Maybe the stories are not true but I don’t exclude claims simply because they don’t fit my current interpretation of life and death.
Naturally, extraordinary claims demand really convincing evidence. So far, I have not seen such evidence.

If something has not been mentioned in the scriptures, it should not be used as evidence against something. Not mentioned may simply mean that the matter is not relevant to the core message of the scriptures.

None of these claims are true. None of them are clinically, scientifically, medically, laboratorily, forensically true. As you say.

What is the core message of the scriptures that excludes the resurrected from recounting their experience?

Sorry for the delay in my response. The scriptures could include much details and personal experiences but very few have been included. Psalms, Job and some other parts lift up the feelings and personal experiences of individuals but mostly, very little is told from the life and experiences of those mentioned in the scriptures. Perhaps it is as John wrote about the works of Jesus: ‘and there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written’ (John 21:25).

1 Like

Not a problem knor. I bet you that in any other culture with claims of resurrection there are tales of what the dead experienced. And the crowning silence is Jesus’. For the dead know not anything.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.