Christians and doubt

Okay, now it’s your turn. ; - )

Yes, the NT likes to use the OT. But nothing says God is not restrained by time. Probably more an extension of his antiquity than anything else in Psalm 90 (read the passage in context) and as for 2 Peter, piggybacking it and saying that he operates at his own pace. Trying to claim God is beyond time from this and thus somehow magically squares and circles are the same shape or predestination and free will are compatible is a bridge built too far. It’s bad exegesis.

Not to mention we don’t have a perfect understanding of time today, let alone the limited worldview of ancient biblical authors.

How did God orchestrate all the events in his interventions in Maggie’s sequence and the innumerable myriad of necessary precursor timings and placings without violating anyone’s free will? Just tinkering salvifically? He planned it in his foresight? (Note the time constraints in those two words.) You appear to have God’s relationship to time nailed down.

In your humble opinion.

That looks like scissors and paste to me

1 Like

A quick note to say that there is a feeling among the moderators that this thread has probably run its course. We’ve set a 24-hour time to allow you all to wrap up your conversations and make any closing remarks you might like to make, after that the thread will auto-close.

1 Like

We are also talking about physical reality. Stephen Hawking said that time had a beginning. Did God? That pretty much indicates that God is independent of time to me. Not you?

We also know that time is not strictly linear. Are you familiar with the relativistic twin paradox? Where is ‘God’s time’ with respect to each twin? That is really a rhetorical question, because again that pretty much indicates that God is independent of time.

It is a little surprising that you cannot allow for that possibility and that “somehow magically” your exegesis precludes it.

I recommend getting a clue from Jesus. What did he say?

…before Abraham was born, I AM!
John 8:58

He is the forever PRESENT tense, the eternal NOW.

(Using a workaround to exceed the lockdown limit and to end on topic… ; - ) :

This topic was automatically closed after 25 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.