Can science provide evidence for supernatural agency?

There was both continuity and discontinuity, according to the Bible.

1 Like

And thatā€™s why the Kalam argument ultimately fails, in my estimation. At its heart there his a shift in the burden of proof.

1 Like

There are other evidences that lead me to believe that big bang cosmology is one more thing among many that points to the Creator, however.

WLCā€™s KCA is utterly pathetic. Eternity is the greatest single fact. It completely ignores it.

God is eternal. This universe had a beginning, along with time. Alternate universes and other timelines are just speculation.

The spiritual realm is another matter ā€“ we have objective evidence for Godā€™s cool providential interventions into his childrenā€™s lives. That kind of implies a person ought to want to be one. Why wouldnā€™t you?!

Clouds have a beginning, yet they have natural causes. We donā€™t know if time started with our universe or if time existed prior to our universe.

2 Likes

If youā€™ll check, math and physics prove that time had a beginning. The relativistic equation is pretty simple.

Perhaps you could point me to the evidence for time beginning with our universe?

2 Likes

I can find the equation for you easily enough. @Klax could quote it for you, Iā€™m pretty sure.

Equations arenā€™t evidence. I can write an equation where gravity is a repulsive force, but that doesnā€™t make the equation evidence for repulsive gravity.

1 Like

The answer is we canā€™t know, according to this by Ethan Siegel (I think Hawking would have concurred):

I choose to believe the Bible, along with some other evidence validating it ā€“ there was a created beginning. I pretty much canā€™t not.

LIKE WHAT???

1 Like

GODā€™S PROVIDENTIAL INTERVENTIONS INTO THE LIVES OF HIS CHILDREN. XD Ā 

Never mind. I thought we were still on universe stuff.

3 Likes

ā€œIn the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.ā€ (Genesis 1:1)

Whether or not this included the creation of time, space, matter or energy, would you agree it describes an ā€œunnaturalā€ cause or some sort?

Thatā€™s the claim. I am more interested in the evidence.

1 Like

There was a beginning event to ā€˜natureā€™ as we know it. We have evidence. Without space, time, material (including energy) there is no ā€˜natureā€™. So what ā€˜precededā€™ the beginning of time and caused it was ā€˜unnaturalā€™ or ā€˜supernaturalā€™.

The conclusion does not follow from the premises.

1 Like

What is ā€˜natureā€™? Nature had a beginning.