Can anyone disprove my understanding of a literal Genesis?

Thanks. I look forward to watching it. I kind of wondered, but I wanted to address him respectfully–:slight_smile:–and one of my 2 best friends in school was a Korean named " Wook jin".

Never watch 16 Candles. It will traumatize you.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate the discussion.

I would argue that Paul, being a Jew, recognized this as the Resurrection when he wrote 1Cor15:3-4 “For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures”

Where else in the scriptures is the third day described? I don’t believe Jonah’s death and resurrection was as clear to the Jews without Jesus statement that they will only be given the “sign of Jonah”. I think that the reference to the sacrifice of Isaac is a bit of a stretch to prophecy a three day resurrection.

I would argue that this passage still refers to a short period of time.

The source of my original quote was Dr. Allman from his DTS class on Genesis. I highly recommend the class (free online), but he is not infallible.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.