BioLogos: House of Heresy & False Teaching (AiG says the nicest things about us)

They’re not open for open discussion and dialog…

YECs think that radioactive nuclide half-lives can change willy-nilly – they ignore this:

This is what the LORD says: If I have not established my covenant with the day and the night and the fixed laws of heaven and earth…

Jeremiah 33:25

They also cannot comprehend this, apparently, about extinct radioactive atoms (it is not about radiometric dating):

“Radioactive Atoms — Evidence about the Age of the Earth” Ken Wolgemuth

3 Likes

They also think that the physical laws and constants are so finely tuned for human life that changing them just a little tiny bit will destroy all life in the cosmos. And yet, they see nothing wrong with radically changing the constants for nuclear forces in order to get different decay rates (not to mention other changes, like the speed of light). Go figure.

3 Likes

No, and they have big spats with fellow creationists.

Despite all its “research” into BioLogos writers, AIG doesn’t seem to realize that agnostic philosopher of science Michael Ruse once wrote a series of articles for BioLogos. Ruse believes that Christianity and science are compatible. I recall that all these militant atheists come over and attacked him in the comments!

1 Like

34 posts were split to a new topic: How can ECs call themselves Christians?

Well, Randy, they noticed and I guess I have you to thank for my lifelong goal of being quoted by AIG. :crazy_face: I definitely did not intend my informal forum post to be construed as some sort of official BioLogos response to AIG, but other places don’t always distinguish between conversation on the forum and published articles that have gone through an editorial process. Oh well, what can you do.

9 Likes

I’m just looking forward to when I can tell people , “ hey I know that heretic from BL I talked to her before.” Lol. There will be an AIG post about “ cockatoo or serpent and when the animal last talked” lol.

I remembered that like a year ago someone on a AIG based Facebook group called me a Franklinknight and after a few times I asked them and they said that they were Christians becsuse they followed Christ and I was a Franklinknight because I follow Franklin and I was like whose Franklin and they were confusing Francis Collins for Franklin lol.

4 Likes

Repent: A Response to BioLogos’ Critique of ‘BioLogos: House of Heresy & False Teaching’

So repent, you miserable offenders!

1 Like

That gave me a good laugh. I can only dream.

3 Likes

The venom is absolutely amazing. I may just need to disappear for a while (how long would that be???). I have found Biologos such a refuge of sanity, particularly the podcasts and videos during lock down, and many of the discussions are really encouraging for this lit and language liberal arts person, who respects science but only has a (very old) robust high school and under grad background. Having all this AIG poison coming over here is more than I want to deal with right now. I don’t want to be in the frying pan or the fire right now. Just hang out with folks I can learn from and engage with in an encouraging way.
Reading the latest attacks from AIG just keeps the wounds bleeding. Wow.
Really this reply is so much to you, beaglelady, but rather the whole thread and related ones. Just ugh.

10 Likes

I have to break every now and then too. It will settle down so don’t stay away. Except for the drive-by shootings, it is not a bad neighborhood.

7 Likes

Drive by shootings is exactly what this lookslike.
Thanks for the encouragement.

2 Likes

Part 3 of the Joel Edmund Anderson response has been posted:

Calvin Smith of AiG has BioLogos in his Crosshairs (Part 3 of my look of his recent attack on BioLogos…with Steve Martin and Derek Zoolander making a guest appearance!)

I hope Biologos has secured movie rights to this feud.

AIG doesn’t get along with other young earth creationists, either.
Trouble in Paradise

2 posts were split to a new topic: Believing the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation

A post was merged into an existing topic: Believing the Scriptures from Genesis to Revelation

These types of comments and the 8 likes (so far) are a big part of why critically thinking Christians fail to take any organization like this one in a serious fashion. You commit a false analogy fallacy by comparing interpretation of scientific data with a scientific law, a branch of physics, a table of scientific data, and a branch of mathematics. Then you use another fallacy to insult a group of Christians by falsely accusing them of belonging to a cult.

What does this have to do with the topic?