Biblical understanding of 2 sexes

I wasn’t intending to argue “just semantics”, and if you find this discussion uninteresting, that’s fine. But when people discussing the original post tend to talk past each other because of confusion in the popular media over definitions of “sex” and “gender”, I think a discussion of definitions based on the science is valuable.

“Silent where the bible is silent” was a term they used–essentially, not doing things where the Bible does not specifically say to do it. It is not applied universally the way the Campbellites did, but is applied to a greater extent than seems best to me.

1 Like

Shades of brown from dark to light–yes, color is a continuous spectrum. In the school Beth, my wife, taught in in Nigeria, there were students from families from all around the world. And all of the darkest were not African, and some of the lighter children were African. But there are two distinct sexes, and those who see that is how God created find it important and crucial that this is the way God intended it to be. As with any area of life, there are exceptions and challenges, most of which were introduced when humans disobeyed God and brought sin into the world. Of course, that was not a surprise to God, and he gives us his Word to help us navigate through this–always with love and compassion and truth and grace.

Your religion is not the way God created the world to be. It is a product of humans disobeying God. Of course, that was not a surprise to God, and He gives us evidence from the earth and sky to navigate through all these religions, myths, and superstitions created by sinful people – always with love and compassion and truth and grace.

This is infinitely more believable because the religions of men are full of endless contradictions, but the data from the earth and sky is not – the evidence only tells us one story. It is a rational product of natural laws and evolution. It is not a magical product of the sins some religion talks about.

Now as you can see next to my name, I am a Christian. So I believe in some of the religious stuff. For example, I can see quite clearly that many human habits are self-destructive and these do endless damage to the well being of people. So I can be a Christian without the magic woo woo stuff contradicting the evidence God sends us without any of these sinful people getting in the way with made up stuff.

So yeah there are bad things in this world which are the result of sin. But no, I am not going to buy that this includes anything showing how some ideology doesn’t fit reality – labeling groups of people as a product of evil because of it, like that “mark of Cain” stuff used to prop up racism. I cannot see anything good coming from that sort of rhetoric.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.