Beyond ‘Plandemic’: A Christian Response to Conspiracies

I personally prefer to use confirmation bias to figure out which ones are best to follow and trust.

2 Likes

Not going to comment here. It’s just the thought of a nobel laureate who did his work on HIV. It might be true, it might not be. Doesn’t change the fact that there is a suspected cover-up going on by the CCP and WHO on this issue. Donald Trump is investigating:

As far as information we can act on, you’re somewhat right- it doesn’t matter if it was intentional or not. But if it was engineered to have certain functions, then it’s probably more contagious and dangerous than what people normally expect. In this case, sharing this knowledge would help to silence those who are protesting the lockdowns by saying ‘it’s not that dangerous’ or ‘it’s not that bad’ or ‘it’s just the flu,’ etc. If this is really the case, I think they would be more alert to the actual danger of it, and take pre-cautions accordingly (i.e. remaining in quarantine and wearing masks). Also, we’d have a better chance of preventing it from happening again.

I guess for me, having worked for years in fields unrealted to health (upstream oil/gas and finance), and no longer living in the US, and having seen a lot of things that didn’t make sense to me unless I started to think ‘outside the box,’ I think it’s given me better research skills and judgment on identifying theories that I believe to be true and not true. I am also learning to uncover my own biases and attempt to set them aside before coming to a conclusion, while attempting to apply God’s wisdom (through the Bible) in each situation I face.

One example is the right/left political dichotomy in the US. I have Christian friends who are hard left, and who are also ‘alt-right.’ My belief is that when people start classifying themselves strictly as being of a particular political faction, then they are no longer thinking or operating with the ‘Mind of Christ,’ if you know what I mean. We know that having a particular left or right leaning is natural for all peoples, and there is a place and time for being on both sides of the political spectrum. We need social progressives just as we need fiscal conservatives. We need some parts of our economy to be socialized, and some to have limited government influence. However, over time, these normal political tendencies have been exploited by politicians, big business, the military industrial complex, lobbyists from various industries, the entertainment and other industries, and so on not for the purpose of benefiting society or bringing God’s kingdom on earth, but to make big profits for certain lobbyists/ companies and/or to win elections for politicians. None of this has anything to do with the kingdom of God, and is a very worldly pursuit that leads to a lot of untruth in the media we confront daily. We need the mind of Christ to see through these worldly persuasions.

So in summary, I’ve had to learn to deal with my biases as well and see all parts of the spectrum as necessary for the whole. It’s taken a while, and required me to open my mind, which is naturally warped and depraved. And also be sensitive to the presence of evil.

I do think God gives wisdom to people as well, if they want. GB.

1 Like

An excellent choice. Somebody has to stand up to these experts.

You forgot the missing ingredient: God’s leading and guidance, available only to conspiracy theorists. Making this new fusion of Evangelicalism and conspiracy theories a form of Gnosticism.

So, would that “appeal to highest authority?”

Is your library helping you? Can it get you peer-reviewed from the professional literature? Do you have access to Academic Search Premier? Would you consider taking a free course via
coursera.org on epidemics, immunology, or the like?

Of course.  

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.