“Behind the Curve”

Not Phil, but I’ll answer your questions as best I can. The “orthodox” flat earth model looks like this…

…with the North Pole at the center of a flat disk. Notice also the quasi-firmament of the sky, w/ the sun & moon cycling like the balancing elements of an old clock. What we know as Antarctica apparently forms the outer perimeter. One flat-earther in the documentary claimed that the outer rim is an enormous ice wall. I don’t know what happens if you start trekking across Antarctica…maybe your compass screws up because the entire perimeter is functionally the magnetic South Pole, so you just end up walking in a big circle.

As for your second question, I really cannot say. A couple guys on the documentary make reference to the Bible, but don’t appear to otherwise be overtly fundamentalist. Primarily, they seem to appeal simply to their own knowledge of this great Truth, rather than to any sort of scripture. So rather than the familiar YEC refrain of “we’re right, and God’s word shows that he clearly agrees with us,” it’s more of a “we’re right, because we’re right” kind of thing.

If Antarctica is that much mass, we now know where all the water from the Flood is.

1 Like

And now we also know where it all went to after the flood! It spilled off the edge.

1 Like

I always liked this one:

Not really flat, so guess they are “compromisers.”

I understand that an expedition is being planned to demonstrate that the earth is flat.

Perhaps it will finally dawn on them?

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.