Atheism, Truth, and Certitude: Jeff Hardin Weighs In | The BioLogos Forum

Thanks for your straightforward answer. I will bow out of further arguments with you.

That’s your choice, Lou. But of course, if we agreed on everything, then there would be no arguments at all. In any case, I don’t mind if you critique my statements on various scientific issues regarding genetics, geology, paleotology, etc., as long as you don’t automatically assume that because I believe in scripture, that whatever I believe about science must automatically be wrong. That would not be a scientific conclusion on your part.

Thanks for being open to the criticism, but we all have to pick our battles. The evidence against the things you mentioned in your last post is so vast and comes from so many different, independent directions, that you have to deny nearly everything we know about physics, geology, and biology in order to hold them. So I feel like we would be wasting our time to argue about scientific points.

Sure. But I deny very little of what we know about physics, or biology, or geology. Your perception of little or much, is much different than mine. I do however have different opinions on what we know or don’t know. And in the face of evidence which does not have a definitive interpretation written into it, I am more uncertain of the interpretation than you appear to be… and so I feel that often your interpretation would not be strictly speaking scientific. Especially the degree of certainty that you express, vs the actual calculated certainties, is much too high, and exhibits a somewhat closed minded approach. But you are right, you must pick your battles, as well as your learning experiences. All the best to you.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.