*Article* Bridging Ideological divides: Why Christians Still Disagree about Evolution and What We Should Do about it

Or at least that part of it, not just in terms of section but of topic. What young-earthers do to the topic of creation makes for not just fantasy but cheap pulp fantasy.

The irony being that that is the very thing that YEC is based on.

1 Like

Thanks. I know that it may be better for me to reply in that vein in another thread, but I’m going to have to think on that.

1 Like

Ha!

It’s strangely satisfying that Christians have to hear this same eye-roller. We atheists aren’t as alone as we thought. :wink:

But it is good to hear that you are treated respectfully in your congregation, and that you were able to express your views. As @jpm mentioned, it is a big sticking point for many young people, so it might help if there was someone else in the congregation they could look to. I hate the thought of people feeling the need to give up something that is important to them because of science.

3 Likes

All I can say, on behalf of believers, is “Sorry!” That is incredibly uncomfortable. I do believe that ascribing ill intent to someone else only side steps the issue.

I am so sorry for your experience. I appreciate your good wishes.

You also get a “Sorry!” from the atheist community for some of the eye-rolling things some atheist say about Christians and theists. Thankfully, there are people in both communities that can still have some respectful and human to human conversations.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.