Are weeds punishment or curse from God?

Where do you get this delusion that sheep are under the direct control of the shepherd.

I am reminded of Jesus’ parable of the lost sheep. He at least does not share your delusion.

It is not mine. see Wikipedia.

Of course not. There is no place for God in any scientific theory. There is no God in the theory of buoyancy, kinematics, gravity, electric fields, magnetism, heat, light, sound, pressure, nuclear fission or fusion, chemistry, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, field theory, relativity, etc… Once again, you sound like you are stuck in the middle ages, which is the only time (or earlier) we would see people expecting God in such explanations.

Now who is putting God in a box?

God is capable of a relationship with anything.

What is true is our capacity for responding to God is certainly enhanced by many things which are a product of evolution. But everything doesn’t have to come from evolution, because God speaks. And once we have the ability to hear Him and understand, so much more is possible in our relationship with Him.

Most people who speak of this have never given a clear definition of it. The dictionary defines it as awareness. I see awareness in the simplest cell – both awareness of its surroundings and awareness of itself. It is a necessary part of the process of life because that process includes both self-maintenance and responding to the environment. For this reason, the origin of “cognizance” is outside the scope of evolution and must be found in the origin of life from before evolution – in things like prebiotic and chemical evolution.

Evolution certainly has given plenty of explanations for the expansion of cognizance in the development of the nervous system and the human use of language.

1 Like

You definitely should specify meteorology, for my sake.

1 Like

You never watched one man and his dog?

Jesus said “The sheep hear my voice and follow”

The whole idea is that they do as the shepherd wants, they follow, controlled, (if voluntarily in Christianity). Any form of shepherding (herding being the obvious clue) involves control.

Yeah, the lost one was the one who wandered off! (out of control!)

Sorry, you will have to do better than this if you are going to show that the relationship with God does not mean conforming to His practices (IOW relinquishing control to Him)

Why do all scientists do this? Throw in completely erroneous and noncomparable science!

Evolution is not like any other science.

Cognisance

Awareness is a little vague. In Star Trek TNG trial of data as sentient) it was put as self awareness which might be a little closer. Adam knew he was naked. But it is more than that.
It is the ability to make an informed choice as opposed to just working on instinct. Biblically it is the ability to distinguish good and evil, the beginning of morality. (Nakedness being considered immoral)
It is very difficult to decide whether any other creature has this sense. Especially as the definition of good and evil is not clearly defined. Whether it is natural or learned is also difficult to discern. Most children appear to be amoral in terms of identifying what might be acceptable behaviour or not. I guess most creature are either self-reliant or “for the good of the group” but that is not morality. Yet a mother self-sacrificing?

All creatures communicate, and some of it is quite complex. Does that make them cognisant?

Unfortunately much of this is beyond the basic parameters of evolution.

I am sorry but you do not seem to understand the incongruity of a Godless system being created (and used) by God.

I guess we have no way to know whether God can or does have relationships with other creatures. (Traditionally not,of course)

It would seem to me that evolution will eventually produce a dominant species, but the exact shape and form would seem to be as random as the system itself. We could be sentient reptiles (Cardassians?) In terms of evolution there is no reason why not.

Hence why evolution (without God) is incompatible with the bible. Humanity is declared as a deliberate creation.

Richard

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.