Angels and apperances

It does carry quite the immediacy about it, doesn’t it! We rightly do want to have an accurate perception of whether or not that is a tiger rustling in the grass.

Not only does it matter, but somebody’s subjective truth can be wrong too! It carries the dignity of that possibility just as it can also be devastatingly (or gloriously) universally true. And no mere rational truths can approach the scope of actual practicality that our larger narratives (subjective truths) end up providing for our lives … for good or for ill.

Surely everybody’s subjective truth is true for them and no one else and certainly not for the objective. And aye, we wouldn’t be human without our stories.

I mean, I would be freaked out at first but honored to host this fellow to a good lunch. He seems like a nice guy. XD

1 Like

And the first and obvious thing to try would be to challenge him to a staring contest. Followed by some discreetly strategic conversation to figure out if he’s a he or if she’s a she, or if they fit any of our gender categories! :grinning:

2 Likes

“true only for me” is code lingo for “not really true.” Otherwise we never have any cause for excitement or offerings to aid others or arguments to fuss about in sharing anything with anybody. And that lack of anything real to share or argue about would take away a lot (most everything we get excited about?) of our human discourse. This whole forum would not be here if subjective truth didn’t count for anything outside the individual’s own head.

It would probably show off and have multiple starting contest with other people in the room at once!!! Also I’m sure it would be humored by my desire to know it “gender” and be would be like “non of the above lol”.

LGBT-A? I forget whether I need a Q in there too. I wonder if genderless angels would be both or neither?

1 Like

The answer to that is Y E S.
I’m sure such entities laugh at our gender norms and issues and be like “lol your gender issues are beyond our comprehension”

2 Likes

I realize I’m probably playing fast and loose with ‘agreed-upon’ terms, and that by definition anything true not just inside but outside our heads too is usually referred to as ‘objective’. But I maintain there is plenty of objective stuff out there for us to have subjective opinions about, and that not all opinions are equal. Some come with more warrant than others - perhaps making them closer to objective. But I don’t see us every getting to “purely objective” anyway since in the end our thoughts are stuck in our own heads.

Yes, there are some bizarre descriptions of heavenly beings in the Bible. I think the ones that are messengers to humans from God tend to look like humans, but with the radiance of Heaven. So they are sent by God sometimes to speak only what God wants them to say, and sometimes to help, like when Jesus had finished his 40 days of fasting in the desert, angels came to minister to Him.

3 Likes

Why Bible Accurate Angels Are So Creepy - YouTube there is video on these angels here.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.