An Argument with Teeth

You and Pevaquark seem to have a good handle on things…the rarified air of the pre-Flood world…As for Phil’s concern about teeth lasting…I believe I read that it could be possible for people to have their “own” teeth throughout life now…just remember to floss!

A co-worker had dentures by age 42 but eats chocolate candy and cookies by the hundreds of calories-full daily…the rest of us could be like Methuselah (though not so old) and maintain ours – or perhaps, as Kitchen suggested, those “age” numbers in the early chapters of Genesis are configured differently than we now gauge “years”…

Good question!!

1 Like

I think having teeth not decay is valid, but not much you can do about plain old wear, which once penetrating the enamel layer would accelerate. I think idea of years figured differently may be a good point, if taken literally.

So, to avoid wear, no more raw carrot sticks when I am 90?? As for figuring years, I believe Kitchen speculated somewhere along this line — just speculation on his part, but interesting. His idea stemmed from the Sumerian basis of 60, where we base numerals on sets of 10…anyway, just conjecture so far as I know, but not a bad thought.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.