An argument 'against' biblical inspiration

No confirmation bias there, no sir! As in none. At all. :grin:

No. None at all.

Your confirmation bias as to your rationality and lack of confirmation bias is, well, amusing.

You could afford to learn from G.F. Handel as to the meaning of scripture.

Hallelujah. I have thank you.

Not entirely, obviously. We were talking about fulfilled prophecy.

My bias is to confirmation, especially of any ‘prophecy’. Happy to amuse.

Show me and I will believe.

It’s been confirmed, prophecy about Jesus, that is.

Read the afore referenced libretto.

Where, when? Show me.

No need. It says nothing I haven’t heard many times and nothing confirmatory.

1 Like

He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Right. So you have nothing that can be cognitively sensed let alone confirmed.

Isaiah 53 works for me.

Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them , "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

THIS PROPHECY FORETOLD OF JESUS AND WAS FULFILLED BY JESUS.
Isa 53:7-12

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,

yet he did not open his mouth;

he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,

and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,

so he did not open his mouth.

8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away.

And who can speak of his descendants?

For he was cut off from the land of the living; (THIS SAYS HE WAS KILLED AND JESUS FULFILLED THAT)

for the transgression of my people he was stricken. (KILLED FOR THE SINS OF THE PEOPLE, JESUS FULFILLED THIS)

9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death, (HE WAS BURIED, JESUS FULFILLED THIS)

though he had done no violence,

nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,

and though the Lord makes his life a guilt offering,

he will see his offspring and prolong his days,

and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.

11 After the suffering of his soul,

he will see the light [of life] and be satisfied;by his knowledge my righteous servant will justify many,

(HE WAS RAISED BACK TO LIFE, JESUS FULFILLED THIS)

and he will bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,

and he will divide the spoils with the strong,

because he poured out his life unto death,

and was numbered with the transgressors.

For he bore the sin of many,

and made intercession for the transgressors.

As usual, your faulty logic and lack of faith in the scripture, Father, Son and Spirit continues to blind you to the revelation of the Son of God that has been given to us. You continually exalt your opinion above the Father’s and the Son’s. Your lack of faith and high minded confidence in your own reasoning allows you to misjudge, malign and speak against Jesus.
Jesus came as the scriptures foretold to suffer in our place, for our sins. He who knew no sin became sin for us, so that we would become the righteousness of God in Him. The cross of Christ and all that is incorporated in it, is our only hope of being made safe from the just penalty that is due us for our sins and unfaithfulness. By being united to Jesus in His death and resurrection, we now become new creations in Him, children of God, born again by the will of the Father. Created in Christ unto good works, not our own works but the works of righteousness that come from being born of God and walking in step with the Spirit and the new nature that the Father has created in us.

I who was dead in my sins have been made alive in Christ. I was crucified with Christ, never the less I live, yet not I but Christ that lives in me and the life I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who gave himself for me.

1 Like

What does the death and resurrection of Jesus do now, in this life, for those who put their trust in it?

It works for me too Dale, as I describe, but not as Cody_G fails below your comment.

It works for me too despite not working.

It worked for Jesus despite not being about Him. It inspired Him despite not being inspired. Nothing is in the OT after all, apart from yearningly; by the Spirit. Despite its complete humanity.

That’s works for me.

Martin, would you please answer the above question in reference to what the death and resurrection of Jesus does now for those who put their trust in it.

Sorry! Twice!! In so far as I am able, it comforts me that it is the only warrant for the transcendent and it reinforces the good news of universal social justice here and now.

How does in reinforce the good news of social justice? Does it give an individual any supernatural power? Does it change the actual nature of a man?