Alien Life and the Bible

Interesting! I appreciate it that many logical people can be mistaken. I wonder how many UFO sightings come from something like this “superior miraging”?

‘Hovering ship’ photographed off Cornish coast by walker - BBC News

I was interested in science fiction long before I was interested in Christianity. I never had any problems with it. And I am still very much interested in science fiction. My favorite films these days are “Arrival,” “Day the Earth Stood Still,” “Dark City,” and “Lucy.”

But then… I was NEVER a YEC or creationist of any kind. I was and remain a scientist before I became a Christian and so understanding the Bible contrary to the findings of science was never a possibility for me. I would have rejected Christianity and the Bible first. And that is still very much an option for me, and I frequently defend atheism as a rational alternative. I do think Christianity is better but not desperately so. Or to put it another way, I would consider atheism a lot better than many forms of Christianity.

Alien life is not unlikely. However, contact with aliens is extremely unlikely. Faster than light anything is pure fantasy and the energy requirements for travel to other stars in a reasonable amount of time is just too much.

So the real question here is what problems do you see? Since I don’t see any.

Why??? Jesus came to help with OUR problems not theirs. Why would you assume that they would have the same problems? Are you assuming that the fall of Adam and Eve was unavoidable? Do you believe they were set up to fail?

I don’t have a problem with either idea. Like I said. Aliens likely. Contact with aliens very unlikely. So any so called aliens people claim to encounter might very well be demons.

But as for this anti-alien attitude… seems to me like a culture hostile to anything outside very narrow boundaries – a culture with a battle mentality which is not healthy. How can you be so hostile to anything different and yet believe that you are truly open to God. That sounds to me more like God transformed into a imitation and prop rather than anything real. Surely we must know that our understanding of God is quite limited. If we do encounter aliens, seems to me, it would be a wonderful thing for our relationship with God – stretching our minds to understand that which is beyond our terribly limited experiences.

I like Star Trek too. But it is a total fantasy like Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter and has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality.

As we are aliens to all other aliens, which are as real as we, in the same way as they are to us, how has God used us?

We can obviously never communicate with aliens in any way.

I don’t think there is any evidence for aliens. I still think they probably exist in the same way I think God does. Though I guess belief in the extraterrestrials is more rational than in God as far as statistically possible.

I don’t think people’s experiences with them means they are delusional. Except in the ones where they are abducted and tested on and blah blah. I think that people have seen things inexplainable by them, and even as far as having possibly witnessed TSC machinery accidentally.

I don’t see any reason to believe that the Bible talks about them. I think what Jesus did works for all of creation. If there is Intelligent life out there, I think what Jesus did atoned for them as well and they will most likely be judged in the same way as those who never heard of the gospel.

I do believe that Ezekiel 1 sounds just like aliens and ufos. But I don’t believe that is what it was. I also don’t believe that UFOs are related to demons in any way. But I do see the similarities nonthekess based off of “alien abduction stories” and people’s experiences with some angels in the Bible.

We are the evidence for aliens. They don’t probably exist by some spurious, specious ‘scientific’ calculation. They certainly exist. By uniformitarianism; Kolmogorov complexity. God isn’t statistically possible by any definition of possible, by any even more spuriously, speciously ‘scientific’ probability. Which has nothing to do with the certainty of Him through Jesus.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.