A theological-biological explanation of “the original sin’s transmission”

From watching TV and reading about world news? Oh yeah, and reading history.

1 Like

You need to get out more.

TV and the press in general concentrate on the negative.

With your your view point I cannot see how this world could possibly be out of (God’s) control

Richard

Oh, I am such a puppet on strings, and so is everyone else. :crazy_face: There’s an outside chance (:slightly_smiling_face:), nay, pretty much a certainty, that you have seen me say there is a wonderful mystery in how God in his timefulness relates to us constrained by sequential time. It should maybe be terrifying to some.

Don’t forget to read your Bible – you have missed or have and are denying certain truths during the tenure of your lay preachership.

1 Like

Yes, that is what you are saying. I am glad you find it amusing.

Your views do not confront this at all. You are claiming omnipresence not omniscience. It is all about power and control.

I never do. I just understand it a little different to you. Whether either is correct is not something we can discern.

My preaching is in line with the churches I represent. I could not teach what you believe even if I wanted to. The closest belief system to yours is Calvinism and that has been deemed heretical. I preach freedom in Christ. There is no freedom if God is holding your reigns so tight and blinkering your vision to avoid confronting the cruelties of this world.

I preach that we are responsible for the building of the Kingdom. You seem to think that God has got it in hand and therefore does not need us.

I preach that we have a choice in what we do or say. You seem to think that it is all preordained.

I preach that if we do not act, it may not happen “How can people hear if the are not told…”
You claim that God tell what is needed and it doesn’t matter to the rest. Their fate is already sealed.
I preach that the future is not written in stone. You think that even the next rain shower is preordained.
I am preaching against Original Sin today. You would probably think that heretical.
But, I preach that we are responsible for our own actions instead of blaiming Adam, or even God.

I have no problem with what I preach, and neither do the churches I represent. I Preach the Gospel of Christ. I preach HIs saving act that means all are forgiven, instead of all our guilty.
I preach a Loving God who weeps over every minute suffering. You seem to think He dishes it out like a canteen dishes out lunch. Except there is only one menu. Like it or lump it.

Enough

Richard.

I acknowledge there is a mystery in the interface between God’s omnitemporality and our time-boundedness. I don’t know how it works but I know that it works. What kind of confronting do you think you are demanding?

And? Just because his omniscience is not mentioned does not mean I deny it! Good grief. Does my not mentioning all of his other attributes mean I don’t ‘claim them’?

What is all about power and control? What are you talking about? (Maybe you should be talking to @mitchellmckain – he talks a lot about power and control.)

You never do what? Never forget or never read your Bible? At your age, I will definitely disbelieve the former, and I can certainly believe the later based on some of the things you say!

So when was the last time you read John 17?

1 Like

Maybe John 17 isn’t in your Bible anymore. If it is, will you please highlight all the things you disbelieve in it? There are quite a few, unless you have cut them out or have already highlighted them in black marker. :grin: If you don’t want to, I could do it for you (I won’t use black marker ; - ).

You are. You are claiming God is controlling the minutia. And as such He has ultimate power

Then you do not understand what they mean. All-knowing is not the same as control. God can know what you are going to do but that does not mean He dictates…everything.

Your view of providence is ultimate control and power with everything being manipulated by God (supposedly for our benefit)

I checked it when you told me to, not that i had to read it to remember what it basically said. And I fail to see the relevance… It has nothing to do with disagreeing with any of it. Just tell me what you think it means.

Yes Jesus is praying for His disciples and all those who will become them. So what? What has it to do with what you are talking about? What has it to do with God being biased towards Christians and ignoring everyone else to the degree that He doesn’t even care if they die or not!. Not a hair is lost? But only if you are a Christian! Rubbish!

Richard

To answer this question, it seems to me crucial to realize, first of all, that

we sinners are on earth because of God’s mercy:

Got let us on earth (instead of sending us “to join the devil and his angels”) to give us opportunity to repent, reach salvation, and share eternal divine life.

So, if God let us on earth in the “flawed state” we are (i.e.: submitted to illness, death, and concupiscence), it is because it is convenient to the aim of our salvation, after all.

Certainly, it is not at all always patent (and in this sense it is a mystery) how the “flawed state” ruled by “the instinctive interests” characteristics of “natural selection” may be convenient in order “to love the others as you love yourself” (the single sentence where God’s Word is summed up).

However, one could say that “one of the reasons for learning about Darwinian evolution is as an object lesson in how not to set up our values and social lives.”

Oh give it a rest!

If God cared so much about sin He would not offer free forgiveness!

That forgiveness is for our beneifit not His. It is us who want justice. it is us who demand restoration. It is us who claim that man can corrupt the human soul. ( I could say it is you, but you are not alone.)

God offers a free pardon and instead of just saying Yippee you turn it into burdon and obligation. It is free grace not obligation.

The only reason you have to believe it is for your own peace of mind, not because it somehow validates it. God does not need validation. He does not demand validation. He has forgiven you! And everybody else.

Do you believe man landed on the moon? Does it change anything if you do not? It happened.

Jesus died for our sins. it happened!

Jesus canceled any notion of Original sin even before it was formulated. God does not want you to dwell on your sins Or anyone else’s!

Just get on and live in the freedom that nothing you can do will alienate you from God because He has forgiven you!

Richard

Then maybe you did not read?

1 Like

Not exclusively or even initially – it is obvious you overlook the meaning of Hebrews 12:2 in your armchair theologizing.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

Whose joy? His. What is that joy? We are, God’s children and his siblings and joint heirs if we belong to him.

More from the armchair theologian. It is difficult for the dead to do much demanding.

As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins… Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:1-9

2 Likes

Were being the operative word

I am not interested in your views of Scripture. They are your views, you are obviously entitled to them. But your views are not necessarily correct any more than mine are.

I do not insist you believe as I do, kindly reciprocate

Richard

And how did it become past tense? Read. Think. It was not by the dead’s demanding. It was because of God’s plan and his work.

1 Like

Seems like past tense to me.

I am not going to argue Scripture with you. You do not respect me at all and will claim that I have the wrong understanding.

If you can do this to plain English there is no telling what you can infer from Scripture.

We all know that the “dead” in New Testament Theology is spiritual not physical so your statement is a deliberate misunderstanding to make a point (badly)

Richard

Huh. If you might have read earlier (how did you miss it?), I agree:

That means it is past tense.

Huh, again. Do you know of any dead folks doing any demanding? Why is that a problem with my English? The issue is elsewhere.

So what makes you think the spiritually dead even want to do any demanding, even if you want to presume without reason that they can? (Demand from a God they don’t believe in?) Maybe what’s badly is reasoned.

1 Like

The call for justice has nothing to do with faith, or God, or spirituality. It is the human response to hurt. There must be a reason, or a culprit, and then some sort of restitution.
But that is everything that forgiveness isn’t.
Forgiveness rejects any sort of blame or consequence. It is as if it never happened.

Your view does not do that. It puts everything fair and square at God’s feet. He did it. But we have no means of reparation to God (and the claim that He does so much for us is no comfort to those who only see the suffering) So yes the dead as you call them can only see the hurt and the suffering because they are blind to God’s grace and mercy.(and benevolence). And nothing you can say will change that, you just encourage it by saying God is in complete control. So they hate God because of what you claim instead of loving Him.

Richard

I don’t want to be right. I only want to be allowed to believe what I wish. without judgment or condemnation. I can disapprove or even abhor your view but that does not mean you are not allowed to have it.

You seem to be under the illusion that if I see it the way you do I will agree. No.
I do see what you see. I even think I know why you believe what you do, but I still disagree. It applies here and it applies to evolution. I understand more than you think I just disagree with your views. And that is both my right and yours, to disagree.
However, I am not convinced that you see, or even can conceive the existence, of what I believe. I hope that I am wrong about this…

Richard

This is why I would like to suggest you start a new thread on your own, to explain better what you believe!

1 Like

If you can’t understand from what I have already done you won’t if I repeat it.

Richard

Omnipresence logically requires omniscience.

Yes, because if He did not control it, it would be chaos in the metaphysical sense,

God offers free forgiveness because He cares about sin.

1 Like