A Question about BioLogos

Agree 100%. The simplest way to evaluate Christians and their denominations is by the things they believe God can’t do. Some people on this site believe that God could not have created a universe that had random factors that would enable any sort of change to this universe. If so, God’s unintended consequences began when he planted THE TREE in the garden.

I agree with you about sin - I thought you were the one that started us down that track! But never mind. Concerning healing, I believe it is open to all of us to heal in the name of Jesus. Particularly when it advances the Kingdom of God by being evidence of his power and kind heart. But very few have 100% track record so there is still a mystery there. Patience, persistence, hearing what God is saying and a little bit of faith all have a part to play. (This is not academic for me at the moment as my sister is very ill. I am praying all I can and encouraging others to. ) I am confident that God does not like the cancer and that the devil put it there - so I am prepared to do battle![quote=“still_learning, post:23, topic:36869”]
But I don’t think all are directly called ot be missionaries. Luke 8:39. “Return home and tell how much God has done for you”.
[/quote]

That depends on what a missionary is! It is for all of us to reflect Jesus and provide those who watch with attractive reasons why they should want to know more! But not everyone is called to leave home and go to another location. And if that location has major challenges, it might be wise to make sure that you have heard correctly!

But the great commission is for us all - even if we are the part that stays where we are.