A personal dilemma about attending church

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I think my head is a bit more clear about this issues right now, lets see if I can grasp the importance of community with those experiences…

Sure, why not? People attend church (especially for Easter and Christmas) for all kinds of reasons. Some come kicking and screaming! There Is an older gentleman in our theology class who explained that he is agnostic, and everyone is okay with that. This guy is also very knowledgeable, too–he even took all the classes at a local seminary. So do not worry.

1 Like

Its OK to go to church and not be religious. You may be surprised by the background of some of the other people who go to church, not all of them have been indoctrinated with their beliefs and I am willing to bet that some of them do not even believe in divine punishment let alone fear it. People do not go to church because they are afraid of hell. People do have their own reasons for believing in God and they probably aren’t the same as yours, but does that really matter? Some people that go to church do not believe in God at all. The best way to integrate yourself into a new community is to go, be friendly and get involved in some kind of activity with them that you have an interest in. If you don’t want to stick out, choose to attend a bigger church where you can sort of blend in and learn about what the church is doing. If you want a quicker integration go to a small church where everybody knows everybody else and will want to know who you are. If you already know somebody who goes to church ask them if you can join them. They will likely make sure you will be introduced and meet the people in that community.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.