Young Earth Creationism and God's creation model

People wonder about God’s motivation, his purposes. The Bible gives us more than a clue why – it is not as incomprehensible as many might presume. This is hardly an extended treatise, but it touches on a few salient points:

God’s motivation is really quite understandable, and purpose for our lives, if you belong to him, is also intimately involved in it: joy for himself in our love for him and our pride in him as our Father, and joy in us and joy for us in reciprocated familial love.

The original unfallen creation was merely “very good”, not perfect (there is a word for perfect in Hebrew, and God did not use it):

God’s purpose was and still is to magnify the most valuable thing there is, namely himself (he would be lying if he said otherwise), and to increase and share his joy. He is happy in himself.*

Father’s intended purpose in creating the world was to was not to create a perfect one. His purpose was not thwarted. It was a two creations model** from the get-go, and the first one was subjected to futility on purpose, from its very start.

The original unfallen creation was merely “very good”, not perfect, since it did not and could not magnify God’s justice, mercy, grace and love through our Lord, Jesus, the Christ. Jesus’ motivation is also explicit and clear, and it was forward looking***: “for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame.” Hebrews 12:2. That joy is us(!), if you nave been adopted into his family.

The New Earth will be perfect.

*See The Pleasures of God
**“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.” Matthew 25:34
***Our motivation should be forward looking, too, toward future grace. See Future Grace

2 Likes

"Faith is to believe what you do not see,the reward of this faith is to see what you believe "

Thought i share this here :grinning:

1 Like

It is not blind faith with no evidence, though.

When we will see the full reward is ahead of us, but there is reward to see and realize now, as well.

(Is your middle name Augustine? ; - )

1 Like

Whats your definition of it?

Not for me (yet at least)

Ahhhh you got it.Could be :grin:

I’ve posted this before (a while ago) – I hope it’s some help…

It’s a little curious that this has garnered no comments from any YECs.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.