Witch population on the rise

Yes, definitely, but my point is not about supernatural stuff in general or even about the more spectacular claims of Christianity (resurrection etc.). It’s about claims and ideas that veer from extraordinary (our deity reanimated a corpse) to preposterous (let’s scrutinize the genome to see if maybe just maybe we’re all descended from exactly two people whose story is told alongside accounts of a supervillain ‘serpent’). I acknowledge and even respect the boundaries of orthodoxy but I do think a bit more humility is called for when deciding who gets laughed at for telling religious fables as though they are facts.

3 Likes

Yes, I can see your point there.

1 Like

In any case, please keep in mind that this is not a forum to debate the merits of every idea that comes down the pike. A bit of latitude is given to expound different views and debate the merits of orthodox beliefs, but if those beliefs become the subject of debate rather than commentary, it is reasonable to expect the post to be closed. Please refer to the FAQs and guidelines linked at the top of the page. To save you time, here is an excerpt relative to the present conversation:

Participate with an aim to gain deeper understanding about orthodox Christian faith and/or mainstream science, and constructively explore the relationship between them.

With this in mind, I think it reasonable to close this post. If you feel a side issue presented needs further discussion, feel free to open another thread for discussion consistent with the bounds of the forum guidelines.

4 Likes