When Does the Bible start being translated literally?

Hello Terry,

I didn’t see George’s questions as being nasty to you.

It’s interesting to ponder, and study these things, but now I wonder, why worry ourselves excessively about what is supposed to be literal in the book, and what isn’t?
I just don’t know how we can really ever know the answers for sure. Maybe when we die,? Or if God Himself comes down here and literally tells us?
Personally I believe God showing Himself via the Bible is true, but I also believe that He has excluded a HUGE amount of information about Himself as well. The Bible is just not big enough, and is essentially just the beginning of knowing Him. An introduction.
Yet personally, I do not take certain scriptures too seriously. For instance, those that point to homosexuality as a sin, or others that obviously exclude woman as worthy (to serve as leaders in the church etc.) In fact these scriptural inclusions cause me to question whether they are actually God’s words. Let’s face it, it was mankind who decided which letters/scrolls belonged. More specifically, men.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.