What Jesus’ Death and Resurrection Say About Black Suffering

I’m not Black, and this is a white forum, but I thought this essay by Esau McCaulley was really good:

What Jesus’ Death and Resurrection Say About Black Suffering

“I am often asked what gives me hope to go on, given the evil I see in the world. I find encouragement in a set of images more powerful than the photos, videos and funerals chronicling Black death: the vision of all those Black bodies who trusted in God called back to life, free to laugh, dance and sing. Not in a disembodied spiritual state in some heavenly afterlife but in this world remade by the power of God.”

4 Likes

Thank God for teachers like him.

1 Like

I have too many books going, including his “Reading While Black.” It’s good so far, although I need to narrow my reading down, soI can focus better and rmember what I’ve read. The podcast with him was excellent.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” -Colossians 4:6

This is a place for gracious dialogue about science and faith. Please read our FAQ/Guidelines before posting.