What are the evidences against natural selection and random mutations explaining the complexity of life?

Hi Larry,

Well, I believe the message of the bible is true, not necessarily all of the details. If one believes in a literary Adam and Eve as archetypes of the human race, then saying that they sinned represents the fact that humans started to violate their consciences and thus sinned, but in a way that the ancients could relate to. There are different ways to look at Paul’s view of Adam and not hold to an historic Adam, but I think the bottom line is that as long as the message is consistent, then the bible’s authority and infallibility is upheld.[quote=“Hisword, post:107, topic:36424”]
The obvious question is, “how will we know which parts of the Bible to trust and which
not?”
[/quote]

Again, if we hold the message of the scripture to the test of consistency and not every detail, then we know we can trust it.

No, I do not. I did for most of my Christian life, but it wasn’t my accepting evolution that led to me changing my mind. For most of my evolution-believing life, I believed that Adam and Eve were the first 2 homo sapiens to evolve. It’s learning about what paleontology, anthropology and population genetics teaches that led me to stop trying to concord early Genesis with history.

1 Like

@Hisword

The irony is that if you are concerned about an increased secularization of the science community… you should be supporting BioLogos!

3 Likes

Yes, in this context it clearly means the majority speaks for the group and in this case the majority is opposed to God and is therefore biased in their conclusions.

Sorry, but this doesn’t make any sense to me. If the atheist majority are reaching conclusions based on their atheism, don’t you think the theist minority would notice and say something?

3 Likes

It clearly means nothing of the sort to me, and I expect the same is true for others. The context doesn’t change “as a whole” to mean “the majority speaks for the group.”

Besides, you’ve already retracted your false claim about what the majority of the group says, so you haven’t established that the group is saying anything.

Have you considered asking people what they think, instead of falsely attributing words and thoughts to other people? You’re much more likely to learn through dialogue than through debate.

2 Likes

When I asked a question related to this topic [quote=“Hisword, post:116, topic:36424, full:true”]
What do you think that % was in 1950? In your opinion is the scientific community trending up or down in their belief in Christ?
[/quote]
Here is my answer[quote=“T_aquaticus, post:117, topic:36424”]
I am more interested in why you think tens of thousands of Christians in the sciences are hostile towards God. Perhaps they are just hostile towards creationism?
[/quote]

First, [quote=“benkirk, post:126, topic:36424”]
Have you considered asking people what they think, instead of falsely attributing words and thoughts to other people?
[/quote]

Oh really, Mr. Kettle, speaking of falsely attributing words and thoughts… please show me where I used the word “hostile” which you falsely restated and then agreed with a statement that I did not make. Please quote my statement in the string above.

Second, no one has answered the question I asked that you chastised me for not asking.

Where did I use the word “hostile,” Larry?

@benkirk
@Hisword

Let’s stick to ideas and not devolve into a conversation about who said what and how they should have said it better. It never goes well when we get sidetracked talking about how to talk instead of actually discussing the content that the other person is trying to communicate.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.