Walking by Faith and Wearing a Mask

Sounds like a compliment but I can’t tell what exactly your referring too.

I just received a note that our church is doing away with separate services for social distancing for Easter. There will be 4 rows in front for those who want to social distance and wear masks, but otherwise it will be a single service.

I am very concerned. Easter is a very difficult time to be separate from friends and family at church. However, it seems a terrific time to start super spreading, too. Does anyone else have similar struggles at their church?

1 Like

Ummmmmm in your state?! Where numbers are rising right now?! And the day before the vaccine is open to the general public? You’ve gotta be kidding me. I’m so sorry. That’s frustrating.

Our church hasn’t opened yet. (I think we did by reservation briefly in the summer but I was pregnant so I did not go).

In your situation, I probably would not go unless you were fully vaccinated + 2 weeks and sat in the designated rows and wore masks. :frowning: That’s not to say anything about everyone else who would attend.

Remember when last year everyone was pushing to open by Easter??? laugh cries

2 Likes

You are clever and your use of logic to prong these elements is sound and well practised. I like it.

1 Like

A setup such as this would force me to concede with points elegently sliding from the mundane to the severe leaving me open to ridicule where opposed. So I guess you win.

Why are you sidestepping legitimate analogies? It is not ridicule to demonstrate by analogy and reveal how poor antimaskers logic is.

When you are demonstrably in the wrong, that is the wise and gracious thing to do.

OK, Apologies. You are right.

1 Like

We should also remember that almost all of us are really frustrated with still having to wear a mask and all of the other precautions we are taking right now and for the last year. None of us are alone in how we are feeling. Doing the right thing isn’t always the easy thing.

4 Likes

Boy is that ever true. This Saturday my wife and I are enlarging our core group from the two of us to include my two weeks+ vaccinated younger brother and his kids. Next we’ll include a widowed friend. I’m hoping to be able to have over a smallish vaccinated group for a garden visit by summer. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

…nor particularly fun.

1 Like

My brother and his wife just had a new baby and I was able to go over and visit because I am in the fully vaccinated club. Little bits of normal are starting to push their way through.

6 Likes

Little by little is okay if it means not having to start all over again. My uncle’s saying of “anything worth doing over is worth doing right the first time” has never been so true.

3 Likes