Tunnel vision regarding Genesis

True. All of our English week day names and month names are named from pagan mythology. (Norse, Roman, etc.)

Sun’s day, Moon’s’ day, Tiwaz’s Day, Odin’s Day, Thor’s day, Freia’s day, Saturn’s day.

You know who loved Norse mythology? C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien. And Wagner of course, although Marvel Comics has threatened to sue him.

Love me some Wagner!

1 Like

Great video, but when does Bugs Bunny come in?

1 Like

The seven Spirits of God have existed long before humans could speak and therefore, their names appear in all cultures in the names of the most basic celestial objects - the Sun, The Moon and the five visible planets. (As per John 1:1 Jesus has existed since the beginning, not just 2,000 years.) Here are the names of the says and the celestial bodies associated with the Seven Spirits of God.

• Sun-day: Jesus is represented as the center post in the Menorah and as the giver of life, represented by the sun.
  • Moon-day: Lucifer is the deceiver, the fallen light bearer, but he no longer has his own light and can only reflect that of others, thus his symbol of the moon and the significance if the eclipse at Jesus’ death, the moon’s short victory over the sun.
  • Tuesday: Raphael is the mate of Lucifer who remained true to Jesus. Mars in Old English twesdai.
  • Wednesday: Aholah is the fallen mate of Gabriel. Mercury in Old English (wōdnesdæg = Woden’s Day)
  • Thor’s-Day or Thunder-day: Gabriel, the Heralder of Heaven (Jupiter).
  • Friday: Ahoblibah is the fallen mate of Michael. Frigga in Old Norse, being an old translation of Venus.
  • Saturn-day: Michael is represented by the planet Saturn.

Not on my planet.

1 Like

I see your scriptural reference (John 1) for Jesus - that’s well and good!

However I didn’t see any scriptural reference whatsoever for the seven spirits of God as they correspond to the names of our days. Do you have any reasons to offer why we should consider all that on a site that adheres to consensus scriptures and science?

4 Likes

Mervin. I say this because the founders of science in the enlightened Greek culture had names for the seven spirits of God mentioned in Revelations 4 and Christianity does not. This is a blindspot in understanding the inspirations they discovered in God’s creation that could be useful today to gain more perspective.

Best Wishes, Shawn

To me this looks like a melding of Christianity and elements of pagan thought. Not being hostile to the pagan community, I find that interesting - as a non-believer though with regards to pagan beliefs. I was wondering if you are seeing this in any way like that… and how far it goes…

This is one of the reasons I am so much against the trinity doctrine. By lumping God’s vast creation under the concept of the Holy Spirit, we lose the beauty and diversity of the inhabitants of Heaven. Many Christians think there is only on angel in Heaven, Michael and some think he is God. There are three races on Earth, why not in Heaven?

Under the rule of King, Jesus, these three races were led by the other six Spirits of God before the Fall, now they are led by Raphael. Gabriel and Michael. None of this is pagan.

For the Jews their day of worship is the Sabbath, which begins on sundown on Friday our time. The first Christians were Jews, but the Sabbath was a point of conflict with leadership of the Jews.

On the other hand Jesus died on Friday, was in the grave on the Sabbath, and did not rise from the dead until the First Day of the week. The Holy Spirit came on Pentecost on Sunday the First day of the week. In this way God blessed and ordained the First day of the week as The Lord’s Day and gave Christians their own say of worship and created the weekend.

Sunday is the Lord’s Day for historical, spiritual reasons, not the mythological reasons that Shawn suggests. He and others prefer mythology to the Biblical history. .

2 Likes

This makes no sense. I don’t know anyone who thinks there is only one angel. There are loads of them, and they figure prominently in Scripture. Jesus mentioned that God could send 12 legions of angels to help him. He also mentioned that little children have angels.

In the church year there is a feast day called St Michael and All Angels, featuring a sermon, scripture readings, and hymns on the topic of angels. My very favorite hymn of all time is Christ the Fair Glory of the Holy Angels

Saint Thomas Aquinas studied the angels, and that’s why he is referred to as the “angelic doctor.”

Angels figure prominently in art, music, and folklore.

Even in the operatic literature, we find angels. In Humperdinck’s Hansel und Gretel, the children sing:

When at night I go to sleep,
Fourteen angels watch do keep
Two my head are guarding,
Two my feet are guiding
Two are on my right hand,

Two are on my left hand
Two who warmly hold me,
Two with love enfold me
Two who show me when I rise
The way to heaven’s paradise

Listen to an arrangement

Dear @beaglelady,
I agree there are countless angels as I have written. I am just answering these types of comments by @mitchellmckain who do not seem to agree, even as you say, the bible has hundreds of references to angels. Just because they are not called out by name in today’s bible, does not mean they do not exist.
Best Wishes, Shawn

Dear Roger,
My comments are not mythological, they are holistic in my mind. You are correct that Jesus was both born and died on a Friday, but He rose victorious from His victory over Death on Easter Sunday. Easter Sunday is the day of the New Covenant that Jesus brought and it is the day of the Lord.
Best Wishes, Shawn

Jesus was the first begotten human of God. Jesus would represent all things physical. The Word spoke and the universe came into being. Without Jesus nothing (physical) would exist.

From Genesis and on the conflict was between Adam and Satan. Would not the parable better represent the fall of Adam while Satan stood by and criticized God? In allegory, it is not the physical aspects that define the spiritual ones. It is the physical that mirrors or images the spiritual. Jesus is the only begotten Son, because he was born a human. Before that he was the physical Word that created the physical universe. The Holy Spirit was the spiritual or non-physical aspect of God that permeated the physical universe. God is the Light, as a combination of both the physical and non-physical aspect of all creation. Does God have a physical form outside of the universe? That has not been revealed. Has God taken on physical forms outside of the biological context? Genesis claims it happened.

Placing God as just a part of this solar system in terms of planets and their control sounds like an ANE attempt to figure out God similiar to the modern attempt by use of science to figure out God. God is not the physical universe. God exists outside of it. The guess was that God was the primordial ocean. A lot of non-believers view God as coming along an already created universe and just manipulating it in a sorta divine intelligent manner. We still have a need for science to give us knowledge of the physical.

Universalism is just an extension of ANE thought that God allowed the universe to exist on it’s own and somehow it got lost and is evolving on it’s own cognizance to regain God’s favor. God has never or ever will intervene in the affairs of humankind. Thus there was no fall, no need of redemption, attributes of God exist to point mankind in the direction they need to go. God otherwise left the physical to evolve on it’s own. That is why Adam is not associated in the Parable but they attempt to equate Jesus to Satan. If anything according to human reasoning there was a time when heaven and earth had direct communication with God. Both Adam and Satan had prominence. That is pointed out in all religions and all cultures. No one has a clue what happened to break this connection. It would seem that Genesis is the closest thing to an answer. But it was given to the Hebrews in a way that it could be removed from the historical record and only taken by Faith. God gave us the Word. It is not up to our own volition to obey that Word. Grace points out that it is not by works of righteousness because none are righteous. Jesus came to call those who think they are righteous in a way to allow them to admit they are only sinners so they can be saved. By definition righteous people do not need or cannot be saved. But righteousness is in God, not of our own making.

The only thing Grace and Christ did to ruin mankinds own righteous way of life, was pointing out that Adam brought sin into the world, but Christ would restore mankind to God.

Dear Timothy,
I cannot follow your post above as it does not line up with the Bible. Where does this come from?

Jesus was the only begotten Son of God, born out of God in His image. He is divine, immortal, and ethereal - not Human. Jesus existed at the beginning (John 1:1) and everything was created through Him. Jesus was before all of God’s creation (John 8:59). Jesus, the divine and immortal being, became human to save God’s children.

Jesus was both fully human and fully God. I was just stressing that Jesus had a biological birth into the human family. Now some Christians teach that Mary was not human in the fallen sense. But was an Immortal human. Why give all the credit to Mary? It was the union of the Holy Spirit and a fallen human Mary by which Jesus became biological flesh. Thus the first and only begotten Son of God.

Jesus did not receive an Immortal body until after he talked with Mary. He told Mary it was impossible to touch the body that she witnessed standing before her. After he accomplished his earthly mission, Jesus again appeared to the discples in his immortal body, that still had the scars given to him by those who had brought him as a condemned human, and crucified his earthly and mortal body.

Hi Timothy. I would highly recommend reading Jesus – New Insights into His Life and Mission to get a better understanding of Jesus, before during and after His life as a human.