Things We've Never Seen

@SkovandOfMitaze

Things We’ve Never Seen
The James Webb Space Telescope Explores the Cosmos

Free online event from the World Science Festival

The powerful James Webb Space Telescope promises insight into profound questions that have dogged philosophers and astronomers for millennia. What is the origin of the universe? How are stars and planets created? Is there life elsewhere in the universe? Brian Greene brings together scientists who will use the Webb Telescope to investigate these very questions including Nobel Laureate and Webb lead scientist J ohn Mather , Nobel Laureate comologist Adam Riess , presidential chair of the University of California Santa Cruz Natalie Batalha , and Kavli Laureate Ewine van Dishoeck .

Thursday, December 23 @ 3:00PM EST
This program is free.

Register here

The program will be available on the WSF youtube channel just in case you are busy 12/23 for some reason…

4 Likes

I can’t remember where I read it, buy my favorite quote so far for the JWST is (paraphrasing), “An image can speak a thousands words, and a spectrograph can speak a thousand images”.

The combination of spectroscopy and a massive leap in resolution and sensitivity is going to be amazing. Can’t wait for the data to start coming in (fingers crossed).

4 Likes

What a Christmas present it is!

This was a great program. It may now be viewed on-demand:

Things we’ve never seen…

btw. there are more projects like this in the works at NASA.
The Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope is going to be studying dark matter, dark energy, and the like.

btw, I find it very curious that the president of BioLogos, with her background in Astrophysics, has not written a word about the JWST.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.