Theistic Plate Tectonics

According to the US Geological Survey, a Magnitude 4.1 Earthquake struck Delaware today. Must unusual for the Northeast! I didn’t feel it in Connecticut, but plenty of friends in NJ felt it. Thankfully, there were no injuries reported.

1 Like

From this article (emphasis mine):

Earthquakes in Delaware do not occur on the edge of a tectonic plate, as is more common in places such as California, where fault lines between plates generate earthquakes. Generations of California residents have been bracing for the so-called “Big One” along the San Andreas Fault.

Instead, the Delaware temblor occurred far from the edge of a plate, said Thomas Pratt, a research geophysicist at the U.S. Geological Survey who is based in Virginia.

“There’s a lot of speculation, but we don’t have a good answer for why these earthquakes are occurring in the middle of the plates,” Pratt said.

Boom: INTELLIGENT QUAKING, you guys!

2 Likes

I know, I know, I tend to play the snark police around here, I really should follow my own best practices…

1 Like

I’m already on it … working on a theory that involves intelligent Quakers. Maybe all those “gentle spirits” are just a front for something.

4 Likes

I think that this illustrates the fact that no scientific theory is 100% perfect. btw, plate tectonic theory is central to geology, just as evolutionary theory is central to biology.

1 Like

Geologists can’t even decide if tectonic movements are caused by mantle convection or cold slab pull. This is only more evidence for Intelligent Quaking.

2 Likes

@beaglelady

I do not like the earthquake, but I found your report interesting as usual.