The meaning of "create"

John, my own position would be that nature is entirely the work of God, in one way or another - the interesting thing is “thinking his thoughts after him”. But then I’m not writing the book, though there are certainly some more blog posts to come out of the investigation - and I see Joshua Swamidass has raised it at Peaceful Science, too, so there will be dialogue to follow.

One way in which I hope any new development will improve on Bacons’ and Descartes’ (but not, in this respect on the Scholastics) is in the Christological dimension. I did a bunch of stuff realting creation to Christ back in the day here, but that’s not quite a theology of nature in the sense we’re discussing here.

1 Like

That comment made me smile…“Evolution creates a complete mess.”

Ionizing radiation creates a much more immediate mess of the human biome.

Bill Curtis returned to Chernyoble after ten years and his documentary showed how some of the sicentist types who worked in the plant went back to find out what happend ot the nuclear fuel by going into the basement of Chernyoble.

These scientists recounted how they would be going along through the hallways and moderate levels of radiation, and they would come around a corner to a hot spot that would peg their radiation detectors and they would take off running.

They stated the most of these returning scientists were dying of heart attack, not radiation posioning.

Environment affects biome ergo humans. Franken-fish etc types of genetic manipulation is in its early stages and we have yet to see larger scale effects —a mess-- that may come.

Humans are smart but are they to smart for the britches?