Suggested edit for "What We Believe #6"

1. We believe that God typically sustains the world using faithful, consistent processes that humans describe as “natural laws.” Yet we also affirm that God works outside of natural law in supernatural events, including the miracles described in Scripture. In both natural and supernatural ways, God continues to be directly involved in creation and in human history.

I would suggest revising this statement for the following reasons.

• Man has yet to discover all the natural laws.
  • The term “works outside” implies that God could be lawless.
  • We have yet to explore the supernatural laws that might exist and might be an extension of the natural laws or the natural laws may be a subset of God’s supernatural Laws.

Yet we also affirm that we have not discovered God’s Laws governing His supernatural events, including the miracles described in Scripture.

I would appreciate considering such a change as it is a humbler expression of the goals of Science and Christian theology in my opinion - to learn more about God as Jesus states in Matthew 5:48.

therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Best Wishes, Shawn

Wait until you have been here at least 1 week to rewrite the BioLogos “What We Believe” statement.

This…

Meanwhile, you can go solve the Filioque Controversy.

I would love to, but I don’t think you will like my solution as I will open a very large can of worms. All of my reference material has been declared anathema and, therefore, not even considered a valid argument by most biblical scholars. But, as a scientist, the arguments are logical when you look at the bigger political picture around the creation the trinity. Let me know.

Best Wishes, Shawn