Science Cannot Prove It

Science cannot prove what the First Light is. We have to believe by faith that Jesus is the First Light.

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. Rev. 21:23

Well, Acts says we have evidence.

Acts 17:31: For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man He has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising Him from the dead.

If you consider the Bible, Science, then yes. I do believe that Jesus is the Light of men.

Do you mean photons? Or something else. Because if you mean where did photons come from (it wasn’t the Cosmic Microwave Background or from any stars):

Science cannot prove it, archaeology can.

You really need to stop using this terrible argument. Genesis defines the light as ‘day’, it tells us what this light is, it’s nothing supernatural, it’s a completely mundane part of ancient, prescientific cosmology.

1 Like

" …originating from a hot, dense state (breath) in the early Universe: from the Big Bang." …"Something needed to happen to set up the initial conditions for the Big Bang, and that “thing” (Science calls God a “thing”) is cosmic inflation, or a period where the energy in the Universe wasn’t dominated by matter (or antimatter) or radiation, but rather by energy inherent to space itself, or an early, (“super-intense form of dark energy”)…"Before there were stars, there was matter and radiation. Before there were neutral atoms, there was an “ionized plasma”, and when that plasma forms neutral atoms, those allow the Universe to deliver the earliest light we see today.
…"Even before that light, there was a “soup of matter and antimatter”… Thanks for finding God. I remember the Ghost Busters talking about Plasma guns or something. A Holy Ghost made of ionized plasma. A soup of matter and antimatter. – This explains God and what came out of His mouth. The Super-intense form of dark energy hovered over the hydrogen and oxygen and said, Let there be atoms…

God “called” the Light, day and He “called” the Darkness, night. …to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those sanctified by faith in Me.’ Acts 26:18

Are you young earth because there cannot be a 24 hour period without rotation and the sun and moon. Not made till the 4th day/yom/yowm/age/era

No I’m not, in fact, I am arguing that the writer of genesis had no idea daylight came from the sun.

1 Like

the sun was not made until day 4.

Precisely my point

The vast majority of the people here reject a literal or a concordist interpretation of Genesis 1. So you shouldn’t assume that’s common ground.

2 Likes

Yes I realize that there are Atheists here. Good bye

Well, I and a few others are atheists but the vast majority are not. What I prefer about their faith over yours is that it is durable enough to interact with anyone without fear.

1 Like

You also need to realize that the vast majority of Christians here do not share your presuppositions if you are going to have productive dialogue. If you are really here just to have a soapbox to preach from and promote your own website, you won’t last long under the guidelines, I’m afraid.

“Participate with an aim to gain deeper understanding about orthodox Christian faith and/or mainstream science, and constructively explore the relationship between them. Users whose participation in discussions seems primarily focused on promoting unorthodox religious beliefs, idiosyncratic ideas about faith and/or science, or anti-religious sentiments will be asked to take their proselytizing efforts elsewhere.”

2 Likes

yeah, i can’t find any “Christians” that want to learn what the Bible really says. They are comfortable in their religion. I’m gone.

Farewell, then.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.