NEW Forum Tags - PLEASE READ!

Include your photos and you will have my full attention. Drone on.
(The hum of the hive)

1 Like

Like you’re always saying “pictures or it didn’t happen”.

Or maybe that was someone else.

Wasn’t me.
Timothy (@Paraleptopecten ) has fantastic photos he’s taking of his work with his cool microscope. His technical photography skills are really terrific. He already has the evidence.

3 Likes

I have some suggestions:

• The first eleven chapters of Genesis

• The rest of the Bible (Genesis 12 and on)

• Demons, Witches, and Things that go bump in the night!

• Why everyone (not me) is going to hell

• Why the world will end today

• Attacks on basic Christian doctrine (e.g. Jesus not divine, dump/degrade the OT, no physical resurrection)

• Super-wacky ideas (e.g. Was Jesus a time-traveling used car salesman from Mars?)

• Buy my Book!

5 Likes

I did just add a Genesis tag! Although hopefully “flood” “A&E” and “biblical interpretation” could cover most bases.

4 Likes

These sound like Jeopardy categories. Can I get “everyone but me going to hell” for 500?

4 Likes

Well, I suggested Gehenna as a category sometime back as a place we could send unwanted posts, but was not taken seriously. Maybe time to bring that up again… :wink:

8 Likes

The Panda’s Thumb has a “virtual bathroom wall” for posts that aren’t fit for the regular forum

1 Like

As long as all the mountains are covered

1 Like

Here’s another:

Excruciatingly bad YouTube videos over 2 hours long I expect you to watch and comment on.

3 Likes

All 10,000+ of them? Or should I just do them post-focus stacking and editing (more like 2500)? Given how my upload speed is, that would probably take longer (30 hours or so) than it is worth.

2 Likes

Yeah, you might want to just include the ones relevant to the particular post. You might need to find out how many photos you may include in one post to help you prioritize and pare down to only two or three hundred.

Right, and then there are the up and download speeds to consider.

We also need a category for people/bots who like to make super-long posts and/or post the entire contents of websites on this site.

2 Likes

You are on a roll, @beaglelady! These are fantastic ideas! All of them!

2 Likes

That’s good. But category Genesis 1-11 would cover the really important stuff-- 6-day creation, Adam, Noah and the flood. The category for the rest of the Bible would cover the less important stuff, like the prophets, Jesus, the Gospel, our redemption, etc.

5 Likes

ah yes, the less important story of Jesus and redemption. :rofl:

7 Likes

Jesus? Who’s that?

Ok, enough fun and games. Any serious suggestions as to tags? The list is pretty extensive, so probable will cover just about any subject appropriate to the forum. I started to say ethics, but see we have a medicine and bioethics tag. Ethics could also be applied in other areas however, such as in creation care where resource utilization and environmental effects, but even that could given other existing tags.

1 Like

Klax would probably like a tag for “social justice”

1 Like

Good luck with that, Phil.

3 Likes