NEW Forum Tags - PLEASE READ!

We’ve got TAGS now!

It will be required on all new posts to select at least one relevant tag. You can browse all the tags here to get familiar with them: The BioLogos Forum

If you cannot find a tag that pertains to the topic you would like to start, please consider whether or not it is a good fit for this forum. If you do believe it fits and need help finding a tag, please ask moderators in a PM. We are still working out some bugs, so if there’s a tag we really need we will consider and add.

Moderators will/can edit tags to fit the conversation better, and reserve the right to unlist your thread from the main board if it is found to be outside of the BioLogos scope. While we’d love to be a catch-all for everything faith related, our scope generally centers around science and God’s created world.

Thank you!

5 Likes

What? No tags for “Venting” or “Ranting”?

3 Likes

:rofl:

make your rants climate related and you have yourself a deal!

6 Likes

Not to mention ‘Preening’, ‘Gloating’, and ‘Pedantry’.

3 Likes

I’d flag that if I were guilty of any of those behaviors. LOL!

1 Like

Well I just went to the first post in the pithy quotes thread and chose the edit icon for the thread. I selected the arts and humanities tag. On my way out it warned me of 500 error but no damage was done that I can detect and I see it now boasts that tag.

I was tempted to check earlier threads I’d started to add tags. But I couldn’t find a list of them under Summary where I think I’ve seen it before.

Edited to say never mind. It’s still there but is titled “Top Topics”. Is there any desire to have go back to add tags to topics we’ve started in the past. Perhaps just ones which still get traffic?

1 Like

I’m strictly concerned with having the correct tags available for my own posts.

2 Likes

That’s a good point. But I find no tag for The Devil’s Work or Subverting God’s Word so I’ll just use the recommended ones. :wink:

4 Likes

No “seething”, “malding”, or “coping”? That’s a shame : (

2 Likes

All jokes aside, what are we to do if we don’t have the right tag for a topic? (As in none of the tags can convey what it is well)
Edit: just read the actual OP post, now I see

(I think that was addressed in the OP. ; - )

1 Like

I obviously don’t know how to read ; )

3 Likes

If I said I didn’t do that at times then I would be denying my senior memory. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wait, @Terry_Sampson , @glipsnort, @MarkD, @Ravetastic
“Catharsis?”
“Conspiracies?”
“New Age?”
“Mythology?”
Gee whiz! Half of my planned OPs have just been eliminated!

5 Likes

Are tags for “news” or new?

Seems even those who created the idea are confused.

No, just a typo. Hopefully, this system will make it easier to search topics and find old posts. It will take a little discipline, however, to stay on topic.

3 Likes

I think it is a good idea and will encourage mindfulness about what we are actually seeking to discuss.

1 Like

I’m a librarian. We LOVE controlled language, rather than having to guess what to use. It helps a lot!

2 Likes

That would probably be true of anything I start pertaining to the fossils I study.

1 Like