New book explaining why EC is wrong

I see that you are supremely confident of being right, despite my (and others’) careful reasoning to the contrary. It’s clear to me that we’re not going to get any further with this.

I’ll just leave you with this: You haven’t convinced me (nor, judging by people’s responses here, anybody else on the Forum) that what you’re saying is actually right. If you’re okay with that, I for one am okay with moving on to my Thanksgiving and wishing you a blessed holiday.

Peace to you, sir

6 Likes

Germ Theory really ticked off people… everyone knew that disease was caused by Evil phantasms… terrors we were warned of since time immemorial…

And yet, for those who believed in the high probability of being polluted if their shadow fell on a dead body (the shadow was physically far more real than any ghost!) … you wouldn’t think something like germs would have seemed too fantastic…

1 Like

You mean if we traveled back in time to the earliest days of the Church? They probably wouldn’t believe our tales about evolution, fossils, genetics, and the like. And if we told them about our airplanes, space ships traveling to the moon, x-rays, MRIs, etc, I’m pretty sure they’d think we were possessed by demons. Quite understandably, too!

3 Likes

Genesis 2:7 (NIV2011)
7 Then the LORD God formed a man (adam) from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

This is what Genesis says about how humans were created. I will ask you, how did the LORD form “adam?” Did God form him with God’s hands? I don’t think so because theology says that God does not have a body. God is not anthropomorphic, even though the Bible sometimes uses these figures of speech.

If God did not form “adam” with God’s hands, how do you know that God did not use evolution or some other natural process to form “adam?”

Careful, Roger. @r_speir and I have gone around on this on another thread.

He literally believes that God has a human-shaped body, or at least strongly “prefers” to have this sort of a form. If you believe that God is too transcendent to have a human body, then to him you’re a heretic… 2000 years of Church history notwithstanding.

Caveat commentor.

1 Like

Now, now @jpm, can’t you see some people here speak ex cathedra?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.