Miracles of The NT

So when i was a kid i was scrolling randomly trhough Facebook and saw a video " explaining" spme of Jesus miracles(it poped to my mind an hour ago so i rewatched it.). Like the water walking it indicated that there was ice in that particular sea region so he could walk on it. Or the other one of lazarus where it stated that someone can die for a short time and then wake up or something like that. Now myself im not into that kinda of science. I like modern history and engineering so i though id ask here . Are the miracles Jesus did explainable ? And if so does that discredits them as miracles? Thanks

Hi Nick,
Here is a kind suggestion. Don’t even go down that road. It is pointless as far as faith and rightiousness is concerned.

Jesus came, taught the good news of the Kingdom of God, suffered and was executed for our sins, was buried, rose from the dead and is now seated at the right hand of the Father in Heaven: all according to what God fortold in the Law and the prophets. He is willing to receive all who humbly turn from their sins and love, trust and obey Him. He alone is sufficient for our salvation.
Concentrate your thoughts and desires on knowing Him through faith and obedience.
I will ask God as I am confident others will, to lead you into a fuller, personal and intimate relationship with the Father and the Son.

Cody why do you assume that anyone who has questions doesnt have a relationship with God? So a christian should not have questions? I dont get why you are witnessing with me again although im already a Christian. I would like the rest responses to be close to the question. Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Nick, the way I responded to you was not as if you aren’t a Christian, it is what I would say to any Christian. We are told to encourage one another daily, so that is what I did. We are best helped when we set our affections on the things above.
The suggestion was from one Christian to another, I can see no godliness that would come from going down that road.
The apostles testify to what they saw Jesus say and do. They lived and died for what they were eye witness to. And they themselves did the same things that Jesus did.

The raising the dead, healing the sick, casting out demons is all part of Jesus proclaiming the Kingdom of Heaven and the confirmation that he was the Lord who was prophesied.

All I was doing was encouraging you to go down what I thought would be a better and more profitable direction, for a more intimate relationship with Jesus.

Cody these are not the answers those who sre not with Christ will accept. And im to stubborn to give up on them . So sorry for missquoting you . Thanks for the encouragement :blush:

Your welcome.

I heard it was because Jesus shot beams of neutrinos out of his feet.

1 Like

Was that sarcasm ? Lol. Comon :joy:

It’s from a real book:

From a real physicist:

So does that answe rmy questions?If so can you briefly answer them?I dont know if i will buy the book

I don’t think we can explain them yet, but here is a clue:

Mark 8:22-26 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

Jesus Cures a Blind Man at Bethsaida

22 They came to Bethsaida. Some people[a] brought a blind man to him and begged him to touch him. 23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the village; and when he had put saliva on his eyes and laid his hands on him, he asked him, “Can you see anything?” 24 And the man[b] looked up and said, “I can see people, but they look like trees, walking.” 25 Then Jesus[c] laid his hands on his eyes again; and he looked intently and his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. 26 Then he sent him away to his home, saying, “Do not even go into the village.”

From the adjustment step, it appears Jesus was actually causing a physical change in the man.

This reminds me of my visiting the eye doctor in the Air Force in 1975 when he asked me which lens worked better.

So jesus miracles ecen though can be explained (some) they were miracles considering the outdated knowledge and capabilities of his time?

My opinion is that we may sometime be able to have plausible explanations for some of the miracles in the future, but they were certainly miracles at the time.

I like the Mark 8 miracle because I think there is a strong implication that Jesus was doing some kind of physical adjustment to the man’s body.

1 Like

That healing has always intrigued me too 
 also for the “double action” it involved. After the first action (spitting on his eyes, and laying on of hands), the man answered Jesus’ question 
 apparently telling him that he could see, but not clearly. Then Jesus does a repeat performance - and this time the man now sees clearly. Probably not the first choice of miracle accounts by people who go more for “whiz-bang” shows. I once heard someone compare Mark to the child at the dinner table who will blurt out the embarrassing family stuff in front of the guests. The other gospel writers for the most part clean this kind of stuff up and add a little polish, but Mark will say things like “
And Jesus could do no miracles there” referring to Jesus at his hometown, whereas the other gospels soften that to say in effect that he could only do a few, or chose not to do many, 
 or something that better preserves our desired “super-man” traits that we so dearly want to heap on Jesus.

1 Like

Really? Not just a real wack job?

OMG. It is written!

Most likely a real book by a real whack job.

My pastor did a sermon series based on Mark this spring, and he pointed out that Mark was recording what Peter dictated.

Numerous times the pastor said, “Now here, I imagine Mark said, ‘Oh, do you really want me to write that down? It looks bad. And some of these look really bad for you.’ And I think Peter replies, ‘Yes, that is the way it happened.’”

Great series. ‘You’re not far/Write this down”

1 Like

I dont think chosing to not do miracles matters. The message still holds even if he didnt do miracles i think. Plus yes he might have not chosen to do miracles in his home town. I think Jesus didnt want people to see him do miracles because he didnt want robots. But my question is if some miracles might be explainable and does that disregard them. What do you think mervin? Thanks for the answer. God bless!!

I don’t think it does disregard them (even if we can explain them). For example - I think that life itself is a miracle, even though we now understand neonatal development, dna, etc. Sure - we don’t understand everything about all the mechanical processes of life, but even if we did - it doesn’t make it any less miraculous to me. Now to the extent that people want to define miracle as “something that can’t be explained” - then yes, by definition of that sort - miracles are then limited to what hasn’t been explained. But while that may be how we think of miracles in some conversations, I prefer to think of miracles as signs or special actions from God. So for me, whether they are explainable or not is of little to no relevance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.