Masks for SARS-CoV-2

More food for thought… and action.

1 Like

In email announcements from my pastor:

Although masks may be uncomfortable for some, they are a simple way for those of us who are “least vulnerable” to protect those who are “most vulnerable.” In short, wearing masks is a modern-day way that we can fulfill Jesus’ command to “love our neighbor as ourselves.”

7 Likes

Good message. N. T. Wright and Francis Collins touched on that in the recent interview, and I shared it with our church staff as I thought they expressed it well. Our church is still wrestling with what to do next, so we will see.
It does put things in a strange light with the politicization and tribalism we see. You see secular groups advocating compassionate advocacy for the weak and vulnerable, and religious groups advocating for personal freedoms and personal liberty above other considerations. It makes you wonder.

8 Likes

Yes, the world has gone mad.

Yesterday. Rambling doesn’t describe it.

And, frankly, if we didn’t test, you wouldn’t have all the headlines because we’re showing cases. And we have just about the lowest mortality rate. But if we did — think of this: If we didn’t do testing — instead of testing over 40 million people, if we did half the testing, we would have half the cases.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-press-conference-071420/

At least it isn’t a pan-madness, just here and Brazil. Most of the world seems to come together to get past the difficulties which are sinking us.

2 Likes

Thanks for putting that so succinctly. You really articulated something that’s been bothering me about many churches’ — and individual Christians’ — response to all if this lately.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.