Lizzie Henderson | Different Kinds of I Don’t Know

It’s fine that people use the forum as a discussion forum and humor their own interests as long as it is somewhat related to the intersection of faith and science. You are welcome to do so. It’s a bonus of the forum’s existence. But we don’t really appreciate it when people complain that the organization is using the forum for the primary reasons the organization hosts the forum, which is to have a place to discuss the content the organization produces.

So discuss away on the other threads, no one will be forced to listen to podcasts or read articles. Just no fussing that BioLogos is posting content on their own forum. That’s like being invited to a party at someone else’s house and then complaining that the hosts who provided the food and venue have the audacity to speak once in a while or play music they like at their own party. Good grief.

4 Likes

Well I’m in favor of the mission: let’s make it okay for Christian kids to like, be good at and do work in science. Why not? I have young earth relatives who are smarter than that but adhere to what they think faith requires and pay too high a price. I’ve tried to talk them out of it to no good effect. I’m the wrong spokesman for the job.

No one else I know takes on the nasty job of keeping things from sliding down into venting. Given the values espoused (whether or not always achieved), you have the ability to keep out the most offhand cruelty and I prefer it that way. If people are just ticked off let them go hit a pillow with a bat. That doesn’t warrant an audience.

I am a retired guy but I’m rarely bored, except when looking for online discussion in the wrong places. I’ve enjoyed reading some things here but I’m not the intended audience and I glaze over if there is a ton of scripture. I root for more Christians to be intellectually adventurous like many of you here but I also root for more tolerance for difference. Evangelizing shouldn’t conflict with being your best Christian self with every stripe of neighbor. I really liked the Holy Envy book Merv turned me on to. I wish that was more widely embraced.

5 Likes