Learning to Say “Maybe” | The BioLogos Forum

Fourteen years. That’s how long I have spent as a student in Christian education. From the beginning of preschool until I graduated high school I attended the same small, Christian school in Michigan. Don’t get me wrong, I truly loved it and owe a lot of who I am, what I know, and what I believe to Christian education. But that is just it. When you spend so much time in any environment, especially during the time when you’re learning how to think and what to think, you will be affected by that environment. In my case, Christian education was really positive for me. I left for college with a strong faith, great friends, supportive teachers, and a good education; I felt like I was ready to take on the world’s toughest questions, equipped with all the answers.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://biologos.org/blog/learning-to-say-maybe

For posts like this that feature a personal story, our comment section should only be used to offer support and encouragement to the author or ask a clarifying question. Any negative or off-topic comments will be deleted or moved to new threads.

@MattZandee

Learning to say “Maybe” is a good lesson for all of us, no matter what views we currently hold on our origins. Thanks for your personal example.

@MattZandee Your blog today reminds us of why the work done by Biologos is important. I grieve to think of those who fall away from Christ when confronted with the false dichotomy presented by some, and see no option but to reject the whole of the gospel.

I am glad to have discovered this article. It really helps to put a lot of the things I have been thinking about, over the past couple of years, into perspective. While I am not certain that the path of learning I am on will lead to Theistic evolution, it is good to know that other true believers in Christ ate comfortable with that conclusion.

I moved 5 posts to a new topic: Why Should Christianity Be the Truth?

Learning to say “Maybe” is a good idea. I think that the maybe could be extended to the entire diagram you described.