Ken Ham vs. Bill Nye Debate

@gbrooks9

What you think now about circumcision is completely irrelevant to what the Bible says. The important thing is what circumcision meant to Paul and the people back then.

Roger,

True … AND it made for poor theology.

George

[quote=“Eddie, post:193, topic:3204”]
You’re quite wrong. The more we understand the intricacies of nature generally, and living nature in particular, the stronger the case for ID becomes.[/quote]
Eddie, I don’t see any evidence that you understand the intricacies generally or particularly. Your endless name-dropping style illustrates that, as does your running away from any discussion of real biological evidence.

Biochemists aren’t that familiar with “the world of the interior of the cell,” Eddie, because most biochemistry is done in vitro. Where did you get that falsehood from? Do you not realize that those scientists are called cell biologists?

[quote]you would be more aware of just how intricate and interconnected everything in an organism is, and more skeptical about the possibility of such intricacy arising via undirected natural processes.
[/quote]Perhaps if you studied real biology instead of name-dropping ID pseudoscience, you’d be more aware of the incredible redundancy of living systems, which screams to virtually everyone who actually examines the evidence that they arose from a mind-bogglingly iterative process.

For example, here’s some real biology for you.

1. How is the large number of first messengers, coupled with the tiny number of second-messenger pathways, consistent with intelligent design instead of duplications and divergence? Is there anything intelligently designed that is analogous to this phenomenon? What’s your ID hypothesis and what entirely empirical predictions does it make?

2. Why is the ribosome that assembles the proteins in your body a ribozyme, and why can’t your hero Meyer bring himself to inform his readers about this Nobel-winning discovery? What’s the ID hypothesis explaining the choice of an inferior type of catalyst for such an important function?

3. Why do stop codons not encode amino acid residues, while start codons do? What proportion of active proteins retain their N-terminal residue? Why was your hypothetical Intelligent Designer so much more intelligent in designing translation stops than starts?

Hmmm…perhaps you should read before pontificating, particularly the first line:
“Editor’s note: This article was posted on behalf of Discovery Institute…”

@gbrooks9

Now you are saying that your understanding of what God thinks is better than that of the OT.

You are saying that the Jewish faith that Paul lived and knew much better than you know is bad theology.

You are saying that you know God’s Mind much better than Paul did and Paul met Jesus, the Second Person of the Trinity, face to face.

What are you thinking?

I am thinking that Paul, while a brilliant speaker and rhetorician, made
a mess of Christian theology, and created a fissure between Messianic Jews
and Christians which is still not healed very well today.

If I don’t believe in the literal version of Adam and Eve that Paul believed,
you should not expect me to think Paul was perfect in his comprehension.
He never met Jesus . . . and yet insisted on explaining to his relatives, apostles
and followers that they had things all wrong.

This is doubtful in my view.

George Brooks

Today’s student are a lot smarter than you think that they are. Our age group are dinosaurs, as it has been my experience that young millennials grasp the details of complex systems much quicker and easier today than in our time.

I am not saying “smarter”. What I am saying is that to survive (thrive) (compete)(excel) in today’s fast paced, scientific, secular US, today’s millennials are better adapted than we were and are today. We are dinosaurs soon to be fossils.

hey eddie. i most note that all the scientific experiments so far prove that abiogenesis is near impossible:

Abiogenesis is not impossible, it happened here on Earth billions of years ago. All life on Earth is the result of abiogenesis happening at least once in the universe.

@gbrooks9

Paul did meet Jesus, so you are wrong about that and everything else.

Where is your proof that Jesus is not the Savior?

This thread has become 5 different conversations at once. I’m closing it. Continue conversations with the (much-neglected) “reply as new topic” button.