Is Zechariah 14:7 a 24 hour period?

Is Zechariah 14:7 a 24-hour period? It says it shall be one day unique to the lord, neither day or night, but at the time, of evening, there will be light. On another post, many of you guys said this is a period longer than 24 hours, but how?

That would appear to be in the category of apocalyptic literature, similar to Revelation, and what’s literal can progress to the metaphorical quickly, and vice versa. There are no metaphors in Revelation, right? And if it is talking about the end of the age, it could be literal. I don’t think anyone is going to pretend to know “but how?”

There are some metaphors in Revelation, obviously symbolism is included, but I tend to agree with dispensationalism.

Not me, if animal sacrifice will be reinstituted! That seems blasphemous.

1 Like

That would be one of the biggest understatements I’ve seen recently! ; - )

I take events to be literal. Say if Zechairah 14 means a 24 hour day, then I think it means that. I don’t see any reason to view it as longer than a 24 hour day so far.

Using what clock?

Some translations say it will be a unique day, “neither day nor night,” so something other than 24 hours should not be at all surprising, should it?

Many people here said that it’s longer than 24 hours, but I’m wondering if they’re any reasons for this claim to be true. Plus, Zechariah 14:2-9 are claimed, by most Biblical scholars, to describe Jesus fighting against his enemies. How is that longer that 24 hours? What arguments are there in Zechariah 14 that Zechariah 14:7 is longer than 24 hours???

I’m not going to obsess over it, in any case. !!!

Unique meaning that it’s special because Christ will return.

I’m wondering because this is related to the yom with a number argument

Ok, that too. It can be unique in more ways than one, right??? !!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Fine, but IMO that argument isn’t really convincing

It’s not that important of a point to be convinced about.

As I said earlier, it’s related to the yowm with a number argument, which in my opinion, is an argument that’s bad for me. For some it may not be important, but for me it is. Plus, I also want to know about end time events!

Have at it. Postulating imagination doesn’t seem worthy.

Whats imagination?

There is no verification, so…

The “day of the Lord” is the label for a whole concept referred to repeatedly in the OT and NT. It is a moment of divine judgment and vindication.

1 Like

“Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.” -Colossians 4:6

This is a place for gracious dialogue about science and faith. Please read our FAQ/Guidelines before posting.