Is Intelligent Design Creationism a legitimate form of science?

LOL…I was not speaking of Piltdown (Bat man) nor the Peppered Moths. I am not here to dismiss your experience, but my experience says different. Thank you

1 Like

Hi Wookin- that is not my experience. Perhaps we read different textbooks. Please tell us the specific refuted/debunked claims and the specific textbooks in which they may be found today.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Can’t tell you what was in a book, but I can only tell you experiences from sharing my faith with unbelievers. A few months ago I was talking to an highly educated Atheist about the gospel, and like many of these encounters we got off topic, talking about abortion, and that embryos were not human, for which I replied that they were and showed scripture. He said, your bible is false, because evolution is true. Evolution has proven that we are all the same from looking at the embryos (in which he was taught in class), demonstrating that we are no different from other species.

Welcome, Edward!

If you are interested in macro and micro evolution, I suggest that you google From Dinosaurs to Birds on the internet. It is hard to imagine how this could have happened but scientists have found evidence that may and probably did occur. See what you think.

Science is following the evidence and there is still much work to be done in understanding how God created all of God’s many creatures. God’s ways are not always our ways, which makes science exciting.

1 Like

Can you name a modern textbook being used right now that cites Piltdown Man as a legitimate transitional fossil? If not . . .

And what about the peppered moths? They are still an excellent example of natural selection acting on coloration.

1 Like

Isn’t that exactly what creationist organizations like Answers in Genesis say, that if evolution is true then the Bible is false? Have you said similar things?

4 Likes

That’s a specific claim. Please document it. Thanks.

2 Likes

I will take your advice, my friend.

There’s a lot of confusion in this post, Wookin, and I don’t know its source. What I can state with confidence is that your friend did not understand the boundaries of the scientific method, which cannot presume to state when a human in God’s image exists. Human existence is a theological and ethical construct, not a scientific one.

As for the textbooks, your post gives me even greater confidence that they have stated the scientific evidence correctly.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope you find this response helpful, too.

Chris

1 Like

It is true that I have not met God visibly; however, when one is in the image of God, it does not mean in a bodily sense. On the contrary, I define it as the ability to think, to reason, and to create. God is a Spirit and according to the Bible, we have a spirit too. Theses make the image of God. As I understand, this part of the forum has to do with theology and philosophy. Therefore, I can speculate on these things on this part of the blog. If I am wrong, please explain how. I would like all who are interested to chime in. Chris, I wish you and your family a jolly good day. I wish you God’s blessings. Perhaps I should have made my title " Is Intelligent Design Creationism a form of science or philosophy?" Maybe this would have clarified things.

Your friend

I looked back at my first entry here and see that I have made the mistake. If that is the case, I wish to thank you for pointing that out. I will have to be more careful. I can see that I have gotten off the track.

Not a problem at all, Edward! You are a very gracious man, and you give us all an excellent example to follow in listening to others.

3 Likes

Depends upon defines, species, sub-species, and such terms. for example:

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-22904,00.html

What does ‘breed’ mean to you? Why do "birds of a feather flock together? In general, only humans and domesticated animals interbreed. Why? If two breeds can not “naturally” interbreed, are they still the same species? Great Danes and teacup poodles, for example.

What? Why do you claim that? Have you read about what a hybrid is?

“Animals” may have been to specific. Wolves and coyotes have coexisted in the same geographical areas for thousands of years. If they can interbreed, then why don’t they? Why is there only two breeds, sub-species of the one species? why are are there not many sub-species and/or why have the two breeds not merged into a single species?

I don’t know if this is a permissible topic to discuss humans on this website. But don’t the same genetic principles apply to cows and humans?

You’re not up on your current events, dude.

1 Like

In fact, I have to go outside now and get our beagle in, to make sure he isn’t eaten by one of the local hybrids.

2 Likes

Google coyotes in cities

It suggests that coyotes may be evolving into a domesticated dog-like sub-species. I have heard that city coyote packs have learned to leave a pup in an area where there are dogs running loose. The dog wants to play with the coyote and the pack comes out of hiding and jumps the dog.

What you wrote about interbreeding is wrong, as demonstrated by the existence of hybrids of various kinds throughout the tree of life. A little research would have led you to the well-known coyote/wolf hybrid story and to many others.

@Edward

I can accept that, in theory, Elohim could have done such a thing.

But then what do you do with all the natural observations that my eyes can see and my fingers can touch?

Edward, don’t you have another category of information processing that calls for you making characterizations of what God does?

When you accept a miracle, aren’t you accepting the “motivation” behind why it is done?

God gives Mary a child. Why? So that we can have the Messiah.

God makes it rain on an enemy army. Why? So the enemy will lose the battle.

God creates an entire universe, in six days, in a way that completely defies the natural order of things. Why?

To give Young Earth Creationists something to talk about? < Really? Or do you have some other explanation that doesn’t sound as lame?

1 Like