Is Cancer Part of God's Good World?

Morgan

Thank you for you beautiful testimony. It struck a chord with me, since I was a cancer researcher for many years. I think you made a terrific point about the origins of cancer being connected with God’s plan for the world, since a tumor cell is actually an extremely efficient evolutionary machine.(which is one reason it has proven so difficult to defeat). As you said, without the mutational mechanisms that cause cancer, evolution would not be possible, and we would not be here. I believe the Lord has left it to us to find a way to prevent or cure this, along with so many other diseases.

As for your own situation, I am sure you know that mental attitude is a key component in prognosis, and your faithful and loving thoughts about God, and his creation, including your own disease are at the very top of the spectrum for positive outlooks. Please keep that up, and know that it will help you beat this. Meanwhile, I and so many others (everyone here who reads your story) will be praying for you.

I will also echo Patrick about Sloan Kettering. I have some colleagues there, and it is the best place for treatment of this kind of cancer. We need you with us for many more decades, so keep fighting, and keep your faith in God and His mysterious, yet good purposes alive in your soul. Christ be with you.

Sy (Seymour) Garte

1 Like

Morgan,

I am so sorry for your affliction. As you well know, we don’t live in a magical world, but in a world with rough edges. Mutations can give us a fruitful world of incredible variety, but their shadow side is cancer. Hope all your news is good news from now on, and please keep us posted!

1 Like

@johnZ

I like what you said about our choices in how we respond to the bad events in our lives. We definitely have a choice to either give up during tough times or seek to work with God, turning evil into good.

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.