Interactive risk assessment by county

You remind me of the Borg in Star Trek. :grin:

1 Like

Why the maybe?

If you definitely believe one county in Nebraska should set the national requirements, why are you uncertain that one town in Northern Alaska should set the requirements?

You don’t get it at all, the efficacy of masking, do you. This is a global pandemic. And how many countries are now back in trouble again, or have new hotspots?

@03Cobra @Dale
Stop, please.

1 Like

I had made this graph following one medical researcher for my area before I saw your post in this thread:

This takes into account the test positive rate (ours is like 13% now, more than doubling in the past few weeks) and other things. I stopped to think this means about 1% of the population here is presently infected which is a little lower than the covid19risk site. I’m mentally trying to cope with how one out of every six gatherings of ten people has at least one person infected and basically every other church of 50 people has at least one person infected. My church has about a 90% chance that someone is infected and on the live stream I saw only two people with face masks.

Or if this doesn’t reverse, basically there will be one infected person (or more) in every class I teach at the university level.

2 Likes

That is scary, but does that number look at all infections or currently active infections? It is thought that the infectious period runs from 2 days before symptoms until 3 days after resolution of symptoms, or 14 days, whichever is longest. Hopefully, many of those will be outside the contagious phase. But, still it is disconcerting to know that in a larger church of 100 like mine, one has Covid on average.

Currently active only is the goal, hence the infections smoothed out over ten days. I’m not sure how COVID risk does it but it was similar results. I’m guessing we will be like Florida with mainly young people driving up cases which spread to all age groups as we are a party town.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.