I came up with a strange new cosmological model

Fear would be a better description for my attitude towards nemesis.

I think you should get a degree in astrophysics if you donā€™t have one and publish your findings in a peer-reviewed journal.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not necessary if you are curious about science and having fun with ideas on an internet forum. However, if you think your ideas actually have merit and should be taken seriously by the scientific community, then a graduate degree, a tour as a post-doc, and a ton of work and data would be needed.

I donā€™t know if other scientists have the same mindset, but when I think I have found something fundamentally wrong with a theory in a field I have no expertise in I assume I am wrong. It would be extremely unlikely that I, as a scientist well outside my field, would somehow stumble onto something that no expert in the field has noticed for decades. What I would be curious about is what I am wrong about, and why. That way I can learn something. If your only goal is to prove all the experts wrong then you arenā€™t striving to learn, IMHO.

2 Likes

With regard to metaphysics, Iā€™m ambivalent whether the universe began hot or cold, or whether it was formed with respect to some process in a different universe, or it is the first of many other universes that formed with respect to this one.

Now what interests me is the question of whether what happens is caused by something else that happens, to which the same question applies, or it was caused by something that doesnā€™t happen or it just happened without cause.

The thing about the latter two, is that they would appear the same. Something that can affect change without changing would be unobservable, so that what it is caused appears to come from nothing.

What an idea!

1 Like

Itā€™s one possibility among others.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.