Hungry Black Holes Are Quite The Splash

It would be significant. Very significant. Of course significance is not based solely on doctrinal influences, but the foundation of Christ’s life is pretty significant for me. If Christ isn’t God, I’m history. Have no interest in being dedicated to what isn’t.

“It is not good enough, in my view, to say that in fact it does not matter if Luke has a doctrine of atonement, because Mark and Paul clearly do, so you can find the doctrine of the atonement in the NT even if Luke doesn’t have it. That is doing the work of the theologian (which, in fact, I do not object to)…”

I don’t get it. What is there to object to? Aren’t we all trying to understand what has been communicated in writing, to learn, to uncover truth? Anyone can read what’s there not just a theologian or a scholar. This “work” of studying the NT doesn’t have to be divided up into different groups. Whatever you find is important to everyone. Whatever anyone finds is significant, imo. We all are searching for truth, I thought.

“…rather than the work of the interpreter.” Weird. Everyone who studies these things tries to interpret them, don’t we? That’s the goal.

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.