Humor in Science and Theology

My brother is a Solipsist, therefor I have to take good care of him, because if he´s gone, we´re all gone!

5 Likes

That is an interesting video. He seems to try to offend everyone equally, but is funny in doing it.

1 Like

My wife works in MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and collects stories and jokes:

–What’s the difference between boogers and broccoli?
–Kids won’t eat broccoli!

2 Likes

[just relaying something on here that was circulating around facebook…]

9 Likes

Today you’ve won the internet. Try not to break it.

3 Likes

The funniest part is that he calls himself a comedian.
(but maybe I shouldn’t be too critical about what other people find funny)

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/47395399_1995022693917439_5228920591783821312_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_eui2=AeFeKQdCjfL9FRIwGwfKeZL-w3Pe65P0MgIH24QbU2pcu6Hjge-VVQb1SeYw3uCCrWNUBLd7JwxzevBLpF-CKTlz26xEn-xiqkSoi6f2pBCnEA&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=41b0a30dadab695865a0a2ae993d2281&oe=5C9DB00A
Now this I find funny

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks.

Speaking of which–that is a funny website! Thanks. http://www.thehonesttoddler.com/

The Synoptic Problem. (Luke should be on the other side of Mark)

6 Likes

If it wasn’t so obvious I would’ve had to look up what synoptic meant. So you think some of the agreement between the gospels might involve collusion?

2 Likes

It’s is commonly believed among New Testament scholars that Matthew and Luke relied on Mark (the earliest Gospel) and a document called Q.

3 Likes

Lost in translation:

Google translator turns “Kyrie eleison” not into “Lord have mercy” but “Sir, take it easy”

6 Likes

Wow, that is funny!
I’m sure that @Christy and @AMWolfe can give some other hilarious examples. I do remember mixing up my accents and asking for a license to sin rather than a license to fish in Quebec. The clerk was mildly amused.

3 Likes

One of my favorite websites for a laugh is Engrish.com where people submit photos of English translations gone wrong that they encounter all over the world.

3 Likes

You make me think of my first sigmoidoscopy experience. That would have been a very handy expression.

1 Like

My favorite is the story of a friend of a friend who went to French language study in Quebec. She was asked to give a testimony in church toward the end of her time there. She stood up, meaning to say, “When I look behind me (to the past)…” but instead she said the following (with translation to follow for the non-Francophones),

“Quand je regarde ma derrière, je vois qu’il y a deux parties: une partie plus noire, et une partie plus claire.”

In other words,

“When I look at my butt, I see that there are two parts: one part that is darker, and one part that is lighter!”

:rofl::joy::rofl:

4 Likes

Oh that must have been a great service! Was that in Ste Foy? I attended a little church there where the language students had to preach a sermon when done with training. I can just picture it.

I don’t actually know. It’s one of these stories you hear from a friend and you forget all the important details over the years. :slight_smile: At least I still do remember which friend told me the story, and in theory I could ask him! :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48377796_1488822924581185_4167349841812258816_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=6f2f583b8ee317773f5930d4bc99425b&oe=5C92D5A2

7 Likes