Humor in Science and Theology

6 Likes

Poor old God doesn’t seem to be enjoying all the groping, or maybe its the certainty with which the conflicting claims are being made that has Him worried.

2 Likes

I think maybe this is supposed to be an allusion to the blind man and the elephant story.

2 Likes

Yes, definitely. I thought it was a good illustration. Maybe it wasn’t really funny.

I thought it was good, but lacked the various demoninations saying something relevant to their understanding of God.

3 Likes

Oh I thought that for sure.

But still, God #metoo?

1 Like

:slight_smile: To me, it looked less like groping and more like a mother with a bunch of toddlers.

4 Likes

Could have been my mother. I’m the second of seven, something I’ve always thought sounded like a Borg designation.

1 Like

I was reading of the redefinition of the kilogram and this just struck me as funny, perhaps because of of the USA centered nature of the evolution debate, and how we wish to define things in our terms and what makes us comfortable:

4 Likes

I laughed out loud, a rare occurrence these days. Thanks.

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends! (And to the rest of you, too!)

9 Likes

I had to stare at that for a solid minute before I got it. You should just let Jesus ‘take the wheel’ indeed!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Jay.

3 Likes

Sure glad you spoke up. I was telling myself that emperor must have on fine cloths even if I couldn’t see them.

2 Likes

Just heard this one:

If you’re not part of the solution, you must be part of the precipitate.

6 Likes

Now that’s a solidly good play on words.

I think you have just the right formula!

1 Like
3 Likes

https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/47042253_10216139031721280_575197580946833408_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=f4a7e65cb50ab32b4fa07a7e53c5dd87&oe=5CB236D4

Just put up the tree today.

3 Likes

4 Likes

John Crist visits the Ark Encounter!
Hilarious!

3 Likes

[I removed the Pontius Puddle strips I had posted here, since I noticed there is a fee for their use on web sites. You can Google the comic to see them on the official site.]

6 Likes