Humor in Science and Theology

Today is the Feast of the Ascension. (Don’t think of it as Jesus literally rising in the air.)

7 Likes

Now there’s a feast I can get behind (10 year+ home worker).

To celebrate I will be enjoying the tradition work from home dish… a cup of tea, biscuits, and something from the kids snack box! :joy:

4 Likes

9 Likes

“You weren’t there!” is missing though.

3 Likes

Thank you, @beaglelady. I’ve always wondered how this works.

1 Like

During a recent drive, my father and I noticed two billboards for the same thing, one read
“If You Can Plan a Birthday Party, You Can Plan for a Natural Disaster”, and the other “If You Can Plan a Wedding, You Can Plan for a Natural Disaster”. Two thoughts come to mind 1. are birthdays (3 years old?) and weddings natural disasters? 2. Given how bad a job some people seem to do on planning weddings, this isn’t an encouraging sign.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Some marriages are total disasters.

1 Like

Cry-laughing in the kitchen as my husband actually reads these out loud. Thanks! We needed that.

2 Likes

Family planning is a prelude to planning for a natural disaster.

7 Likes

Looks like fun! My son did the same thing at the same age, only with Desitin. I think he ate some of it, too. He smelled a bit like a fish after we went to church, despite the cleanup. The walls were shiny!

1 Like

My dad and I were put in charge of my 2 yo twin baby brothers. Everything was fine until both my dad and I noticed that it was quiet . . . too quiet. Then we heard some muffled giggling. Upon opening the bathroom door we witnessed utter carnage. They had proceeded to pull out dirty cloth diapers from the hamper and were swinging them all over the place, hitting each other and every surface in the bathroom. We were so amazed by the entire incident that I don’t think we even got mad at them. We couldn’t help but giggle in amazement.

6 Likes

Oh, my. That has outstripped anything I have ever seen! Thanks.

2 Likes

I’ve posted this before a ways back, about my younger son when he put an incandescent lamp down on his bed, and we’re thankful it was not a disaster (it really could have been had the materials been more flammable!).

Reminds me of that old joke:

Q: What do you call couples who use the rhythm method of birth control?
A: Parents

4 Likes

9 Likes

My girlfriend explained to me that parenthood was an excellent form of contraception through utter exhaustion. Her friend explained to her that being “mature” first time parents (as we all were.at.the time) was the best advertisement for teenage pregnancy ever. There was strong support for that view.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Or then the variant:

Fool: “Here is why [scientific view] is wrong, and [alternative] is right.”

Scientist: Here is raw data that disproves [alternative] and supports [scientific view].

Fool: “Here is a different reason why [scientific view] is wrong, and [alternative] is right.”

Scientist: Here is the same raw data that disproves [alternative] and supports [scientific view], which you still haven’t bothered to address.

Repeat until the scientist decides on a better use for their time.

5 Likes

If small holes count (e.g., in helmets or clothing), these need a lot more.
xkcd: Field Topology

2 Likes